The global Body Contouring market size is projected to reach approximately USD 21.11 Billion by 2033, at a CAGR of 7.31% from 2023 to 2033. A group of aesthetic operations known as body contouring change the size and form of the body. Body contouring tools are used to reduce unwanted fat and/or tighten loose skin on numerous body areas, including the waist, abdomen, upper chest, and others. These devices operate via a variety of techniques, including high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU), cryolipolysis, and radiofrequency.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic had a negative impact on the Body Contouring market, as it has affected the demand for and access to these procedures. In the early stages of the pandemic, many cosmetic surgery clinics and practices were forced to close due to lockdowns and restrictions on non-essential medical procedures. This led to a significant decrease in the number of body contouring procedures being performed, as patients were unable to access these services. Furthermore, many people have faced financial uncertainties due to job losses, salary cuts, or business closures during the pandemic. This has led to a decrease in the demand for elective cosmetic procedures, including body contouring procedures. Many individuals have also been hesitant to undergo surgical procedures due to concerns about exposure to the virus or the need for hospitalization.
The major factors that have impacted the growth of Body Contouring are as follows:
A surge in esthetic consciousness
There is a growing trend of esthetic consciousness, especially among the younger generation, which is expected to drive the growth of the Body Contouring market in the coming years. Many individuals, particularly women, are increasingly seeking ways to improve their appearance and boost their self-confidence, and body contouring procedures can help them achieve these goals. In addition, advancements in technology and techniques in the field of body contouring have made these procedures safer, less invasive, and more effective, further driving demand for these services. For example, new technologies such as laser liposuction and non-invasive body contouring devices have made it possible to achieve significant improvements in body shape and contour without the need for major surgery.
- High cost associated with the procedures
The high cost of body contouring procedures can be a barrier for some individuals who would like to undergo these procedures but are unable to afford them. This may particularly affect those who have lost weight and have excess skin and tissue but are not covered by insurance for these procedures. In addition, the high cost of these procedures may also limit the market for body contouring to individuals with higher incomes, which can limit the growth potential of the market.
Large untapped market potential in emerging economies
The high market potential in untapped emerging economies does create an opportunity for the body contouring market to expand and grow. As these economies continue to develop and their populations become more affluent, the demand for esthetic procedures, including body contouring, is likely to increase. By tapping into these markets, Body Contouring providers can expand their customer base and potentially increase their revenue. They may also be able to take advantage of lower labor and operational costs in these regions, which can improve their profit margins.
Based on Invasiveness, the Body Contouring market is segmented based on Non-invasive contouring, Minimally invasive contouring, and Invasive contouring. During the projection period, the Non-invasive contouring segment is expected to hold the largest market share. Non-invasive contouring refers to procedures that do not require incisions or anesthesia, and are generally considered to be safer and less invasive than traditional surgical methods.
Based on the Application, the global Body Contouring market has been divided into Nonsurgical Skin Resurfacing, Nonsurgical Skin Tightening, Cellulite Treatment, Liposuction, and Others. The Nonsurgical Skin Tightening segment is expected to hold the largest market share. Due to several factors, including the increasing popularity of minimally invasive procedures, the growing demand for anti-aging treatments, and the development of new and more effective technologies.
By End Use
Based on End Use, the global Body Contouring market has been divided into Clinical research organizations, Hospitals, Medical spas, and Clinics. The Hospitals segment is expected to hold the largest market share. Hospitals are often preferred by patients for body contouring procedures because of their advanced facilities, experienced surgeons, and access to medical insurance coverage.
Global Body Contouring Market Share, by Segmentation
Based on region, the global Body Contouring market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America is projected to dominate the use of the Body Contouring market followed by the Asia-Pacific and Europe regions.
North America Market
The North American region currently dominates the Body Contouring market. This is largely due to a combination of factors, including a large and aging population, high disposable incomes, and a well-established healthcare infrastructure. In addition, the region is home to a large number of Body Contouring providers and clinics, many of which are located in major metropolitan areas. This concentration of providers and clinics makes it easier for consumers to access these services and for providers to compete with each other.
Asia Pacific is expected to experience the fastest growth in the Body Contouring market. This can be attributed to several factors, including a growing middle class with increasing disposable incomes, increasing awareness of esthetic procedures, and a rising prevalence of obesity in the region. In addition, there is a growing trend of medical tourism in the region, with individuals from developed countries traveling to the Asia Pacific for lower-cost medical procedures, including Body Contouring. This trend is expected to further boost the growth of the Body Contouring market in the region. Furthermore, governments in many Asia Pacific countries are implementing policies to support the growth of their healthcare sectors, including the esthetic industry. For instance, in South Korea, the government has designated the “beauty industry” as one of the key growth areas of the country’s economy and has introduced policies to support the industry’s growth.
The market comprises tier-1, tier-2, and local players. With their wide product portfolios, tier-1 and tier-2 players have a global reach. Since of their strategic innovations and broad regional presence, companies such as Syneron Medical Ltd, Lumenis Limited, Alma Lasers Limited, and Allergan lead the global Body Contouring business. To increase their market position and attract a wide consumer base, the businesses are employing various strategies, such as growth, product releases, and alliances.
- Meridian Co Ltd
- Syneron Medical Ltd
- Lumenis Limited
- Alma Lasers Limited
- Allergan Plc
- Merz Pharma Gmbh
- Candela Medical Ltd.
- Solta Medical Bausch Health Companies Inc
Scope of the Report
Global Body Contouring Market, by Invasiveness
- Non-invasive contouring
- Minimally invasive contouring
- Invasive contouring
Global Body Contouring Market, by Application
- Nonsurgical skin Resurfacing
- Nonsurgical skin tightening
- Cellulite treatment
Global Body Contouring Market, by End Use
- Clinical research organizations
- Medical spas
Global Body Contouring Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
|Market Size||2033: $ 21.11 Billion|
|CAGR||7.31% CAGR (2023-2033)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Key Segmentations||Invasiveness, Application, End Use|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa|
|Key Vendors||Cynosure, Meridian Co. Ltd, Syneron Medical Ltd, Lumenis Limited, Alma Lasers Limited, Allergan Plc, Merz Pharma Gmbh, Candela Medical Ltd, Solta Medical Bausch Health Companies Inc, Fotona|
|Key Market Opportunities||Large untapped market potential in emerging economies|
|Key Market Drivers||A surge in esthetic consciousness|
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High-level analysis of the current and future Body Contouring market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis of current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Body Contouring market historical market size for the year 2021, and forecast from 2023 to 2033
- Body Contouring market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.
- To identify and understand the various factors involved in the global Body Contouring market affected by the pandemic
- To provide a detailed insight into the major companies operating in the market. The profiling will include the financial health of the company’s past 2-3 years with segmental and regional revenue breakup, product offering, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and key strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is the study period of this market?
- The study period of the global Body Contouring market is 2022- 2033
- What is the growth rate of the global Body Contouring market?
- The global Body Contouring market is growing at a CAGR of ~7.31% over the next 10 years
- Which region has the highest growth rate in the global Body Contouring market?
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR during 2023-2033
- Which region has the largest share of the global Body Contouring market?
- North America holds the largest share in 2022
- Who are the key players in the global Body Contouring market?
- Cynosure, Meridian Co. Ltd, Syneron Medical Ltd, Lumenis Limited, Alma Lasers Limited, Allergan Plc, Merz Pharma Gmbh, Candela Medical Ltd, Solta Medical Bausch Health Companies Inc, Fotona are the major companies operating in the global Body Contouring
- Do you offer Post Sale Support?
- Yes, we offer 16 hours of analyst support to solve the queries
- Do you sell particular sections of a report?
- Yes, we provide regional as well as country-level reports. Other than this we also provide a sectional report. Please get in contact with our sales representatives.