The global Wheat Protein market size is projected to reach approximately USD 13.5 Billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 11.3% from 2022 to 2032. Wheat protein is a type of protein that is found in wheat. It is a water-soluble protein and is one of the main proteins found in wheat flour. Wheat protein is used in a variety of products, including bread, pasta, cereals, and snacks.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The covid pandemic has changed the global economies and consumer behavior. The pandemic has forced people to focus on their diets and highlighted the link between health, food, and the immune system. There was an increase in demand for plant-based food products with high protein content. Various companies increased food production to meet the increased demand
The key drivers in the wheat protein market are growing demand from the food and beverage industry, and increasing health consciousness among consumers. With the growing demand for healthy and convenient foods, the wheat protein market is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period. Additionally, the increasing popularity of sports nutrition and functional foods is also driving the demand for wheat protein.
Ø Increasing health consciousness among consumers
There is an increase in the wheat protein market due to the increasing health consciousness among consumers. One of the most significant is the growing awareness of the importance of protein in the diet. Proteins are essential nutrients that the body needs to function properly, and plays a vital role in many metabolic processes. Wheat proteins are a good source of many essential amino acids, making them an important part of a balanced diet. Furthermore, there is increasing popularity of plant-based diets. More and more people are choosing to consume less meat and dairy, and wheat protein is a great alternative for those looking for a high-quality protein source that is also vegan-friendly. Wheat protein is often more affordable than other protein sources, making it a more accessible option for many consumers.
- Low demand
The demand for wheat protein is relatively low compared to other protein sources. This is because wheat protein is not as easily digestible as other protein sources, making it less popular among consumers.
- The increasing prevalence of diet-related diseases
The wheat protein market is expected to grow in the coming years, due to the increasing prevalence of diet-related diseases. With the rise in obesity and other diet-related health problems, there is a growing demand for healthier food options. Wheat protein is a good source of nutrition and can be used in a variety of food products
- Lack of technological development
The challenges in the wheat protein market include a lack of technological development. The current technologies used to produce wheat proteins are inefficient and result in low yields. This has led to high prices for wheat proteins, which has hindered the market’s growth. In addition, the lack of technology has resulted in a lack of standardization in the wheat protein market, which has made it difficult for manufacturers to produce consistent products. As a result, the wheat protein market has been slow to develop and is currently relatively small.
Based on Type, the global Wheat Protein market has been segmented based on Vital Wheat Gluten, Protein Isolates, Hydrolyzed Proteins, and Textured proteins. The Vital Wheat Gluten segment is the fastest growing in the global Wheat Protein market.
Based on Form, the global Wheat Protein market has been segmented based on Solid, Liquid. The Solid segment is expected to be the fastest-growing in the global Wheat Protein market.
Based on the application, the global Wheat Protein market has been segmented based on Bakery, Meat Alternatives, Dairy Alternatives, Animal Feed, Food & Beverages, and Nutritional Supplements. The Food & Beverages segment is expected to be the largest in the global Wheat Protein market.
Global Wheat Protein Market Share, by Segmentation
By region, the global Wheat Protein market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The North American region holds the largest market for the Wheat Protein business.
The Asia Pacific region is the fastest-growing Wheat Protein market. This is attributed due to the large population in this region that drives the demand for meat-free diets and the rise in health consciousness among people.
North America Market
North America holds the largest market share in Wheat Protein. This is attributed due to factors such as well established food processing sector and the rise in concern about the negative effects of animal-derived protein and products.
The market comprises tier-1, tier-2, and local players. With their wide product portfolios, tier-1 and tier-2 players have a global reach. Because of their strategic innovations and broad regional presence, companies such as Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, Cargill, Incorporated, Roquette Frères Le Romain, Kerry Group, Tate & Lyle PLC, Beneo GmbH (Part of Südzucker AG), Glico Nutrition Co., Ltd., Crespel & Deiters GmbH & Co. KG, AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG, and Tereos lead the global Wheat Protein business. To increase their market position and attract a wide consumer base, the businesses are employing various strategies, such as growth, product releases, and alliances.
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company
- Cargill Incorporated
- Roquette Frères Le Romain
- Kerry Group
- Tate & Lyle PLC
- Beneo GmbH (Part of Südzucker AG)
- Glico Nutrition Co., Ltd.
- Crespel & Deiters GmbH & Co. KG
- AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG
- In September 2020, ADM announced the launch of textured pea- and wheat-protein ingredients for meat alternatives. These include Arcon T textured pea proteins, Prolite MeatTEX textured wheat protein, and Prolite MeatXT non-textured wheat protein.
- In April 2020, MGP Ingredients announced the launch of the ProTerraline of textured proteins.
Scope of the Report
Global Wheat Protein Market, by Type
- Vital Wheat Gluten
- Wheat Protein Isolates
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
- Textured Wheat Protein
Global Wheat Protein Market, by Form
Global Wheat Protein Market, by Application
- Meat Alternatives
- Dairy Alternatives
- Animal Feed
- Food & Beverage
- Nutritional Supplements
Global Wheat Protein Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
|Market Size||2030: $ 13.5 Billion|
|CAGR||11.3% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Key Segmentations||Type, Form, Application|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa|
|Key Vendors||Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, Cargill, Incorporated, Roquette Frères Le Romain, Kerry Group, Tate & Lyle PLC, Beneo GmbH (Part of Südzucker AG), Glico Nutrition Co., Ltd., Crespel & Deiters GmbH & Co. KG, AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG, and Tereos|
|Key Market Opportunities||The increasing prevalence of diet-related diseases|
|Key Market Drivers||Increasing health consciousness among consumers|
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High-level analysis of the current and future Wheat Protein market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis of current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Wheat Protein market historical market size for the year 2021, and forecast from 2022 to 2032
- Wheat Protein market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.
- To identify and understand the various factors involved in the global Wheat Protein market affected by the pandemic
- To provide a detailed insight into the major companies operating in the market. The profiling will include the financial health of the company past 2-3 years with segmental and regional revenue breakup, product offering, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and key strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is the study period of this market?
- The study period of the global Wheat Protein market is 2022 – 2032
- What is the growth rate of the global Wheat Protein market?
- The global Wheat Protein market is growing at a CAGR of ~ 3% over the next 7 years
- Which region has the highest growth rate in the global Wheat Protein market?
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR during 2022-2032
- Which region has the largest share in the global Wheat Protein market?
- North America holds the largest share in 2021
- Who are the key players in the global Wheat Protein market?
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, Cargill, Incorporated, Roquette Frères Le Romain, Kerry Group, Tate & Lyle PLC, Beneo GmbH (Part of Südzucker AG), Glico Nutrition Co., Ltd., Crespel & Deiters GmbH & Co. KG, AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG, and Tereos are the major companies operating in the global Wheat Protein
- Do you offer Post Sale Support?
- Yes, we offer 16 hours of analyst support to solve the queries
- Do you sell particular sections of a report?
- Yes, we provide regional as well as country-level reports. Other than this we also provide a sectional report. Please get in contact with our sales representatives.