The global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) market size is projected to grow at a CAGR of 21.3% from 2022 to 2030.
“Automotive pedestrian protection systems” consist of sensors that are installed in the front part of vehicles and an Electronic Control Unit (ECU), which triggers actuators that lift the engine hood during accidents when pedestrians hit the frontal part of vehicles. The complete section of ‘automobile pedestrian protection systems’ includes various kinds of technology such as Brake-Lane-Departure Warning System, ADAS / Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keep Assist System, forward collision warning, and driver caution system, external airbags, pop-up bonnets, etc. These technologies extend sensor-based safety features like brake assist and blind-spot warning to smart driving features such as adaptive cruise control.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The major effect that the pandemic had on the automotive pedestrian protection system market was a reduction in the production of vehicles by auto manufacturers. A direct result of this is a reduction in demand for automotive pedestrian protection systems. During seasonal times when there are travel restrictions and closures of public places like airports, stadiums, and shopping malls due to infection concerns, consumer demand shifts away from travel unless it is absolutely necessary. This directly affects market demand for automotive products that are unaffected by seasonal downtrends such as automotive products that offer protection to vehicles, including the pedestrian protection system sector.
The increasing number of accidents and the growing need for high-definition camera technology for enhancing the safety of vehicles are expected to drive the growth of the global automotive pedestrian protection systems market during the forecast period. Moreover, technological advancements in the automotive industry are expected to boost the global automotive pedestrian protection systems (PPS) market in near future. However, higher cost associated with automotive PPS is expected to restrain this market from growing during the forecast period.
Ø Rising concern for road safety due to high accidents.
In recent years, road safety has been a major concern. The increasing number of road accidents has caused many deaths and injuries. These factors have made a huge impact on the automotive industry, which is investing in measures to improve road safety. In recent years, various companies have developed systems with sensors that are aimed at detecting pedestrians in the surrounding area. This can then alert drivers and stop the vehicle if necessary. This will reduce the number of accidents considerably.
- High Implementing Costs
High costs of implementing pedestrian protection systems are expected to hinder the growth of the global automotive pedestrian protection systems (PPS) market in the coming years. This can be attributed to the fact that appearance-based sensors, which are highly sophisticated than other types of sensors, cost more. Furthermore, limited functionalities offered by these sensors is also likely to hamper the growth of the overall market.
Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems Opportunity:
- Technological advancements
Technological advancements like new radar systems and the rise in advanced, computer vision-based pedestrian protection systems are helping to create a market opportunity for players operating in the PPS industry over the forecast period. One way to look at this is that these new technologies are not just creating a revenue opportunity but they’re also pushing forward the demand in other areas such as manufacturing methods, commercialization, and sales which is good news for everyone.
Based on type, the global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) market has been divided into Active Pedestrian Protection systems and Passive Pedestrian Protection Systems. If a system is designed to prevent the collision or mitigate its damage, it is categorized as an active approach. Contrarily, if a system is designed to minimize the pedestrian’s damage after the collision, it is categorized as a passive approach.
By Application, the global Automotive Pedestrian Protection (PPS) market has been segmented into Passenger Vehicles and Commercial Vehicles. The passenger vehicle segment is expected to witness the highest growth in the forecasted period due to the increasing adoption of the cabs and taxis.
Global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) Market Share, by Segmentation
Based on region, the global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America is projected to dominate the use of the Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) market followed by the Asia Pacific region.
North America Market
The automotive pedestrian protection system market in the North American region held the dominant position in 2021 and is expected to retain its dominance over the forecast period. The stringency of the regulatory bodies towards reducing the carbon footprint and emissions, as well as prevention of road accidents are the factors propelling this regional automotive system towards growth. Examples of such regulations include Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFÉ) Standards in the U.S., which can be used to pressure manufacturers into adopting energy-efficient systems by formulating rules with regards to reduction of petroleum consumption and hiking up utilization of alternative fuel vehicles such as hybrid automobiles.
Asia Pacific Market
The Asia Pacific market for Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) is expected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. The major factors responsible for the growth of this market are rising safety concerns for pedestrians and growing awareness about the efficiency of PPS systems among the automotive OEMs. Rising incidence of road accidents caused due to collision between vehicles and pedestrians are in turn driving the demand for PPS systems.
The market comprises tier-1, tier-2, and local players. With their wide product portfolios, tier-1 and tier-2 players have a global reach. Because of their strategic innovations and broad regional presence, companies such as Robert Bosch GmbH, Aptiv PLC, Continental AG, Autoliv Inc, DENSO lead the global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) business. To increase their market position and attract a wide consumer base, the businesses are employing various strategies, such as growth, product releases, and alliances.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Aptiv PLC
- Continental AG
- Autoliv Inc
- Magna International Inc
- WABCO Holdings, Inc
- Nissan Motor Company Ltd
- AB Volvo
- Subaru Corporation.
Scope of the Report
Global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) Market, by Type
- Active Pedestrian Protection System
- Passive Pedestrian Protection System
Global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) Market, by Industry
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
|Market Size||2030: XX Billion|
|CAGR||21.3% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Key Segmentations||Type and Application|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa|
|Key Vendors||Robert Bosch GmbH, Aptiv PLC, Continental AG, Autoliv Inc, DENSO, Magna International Inc, ZF, Mobileye, WABCO Holdings, Inc, Valeo, Nissan Motor Company Ltd, AB Volvo, Subaru Corporation.|
|Key Market Opportunities||Technological advancements|
|Key Market Drivers||Rising concern for road safety due to high accidents.|
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High-level analysis of the current and future Automotive Pedestrian Protection (PPS) market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis of current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Automotive Pedestrian Protection (PPS) market historical market size for the year 2020, and forecast from 2021 to 2028
- Automotive Pedestrian Protection (PPS) market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.
- To identify and understand the various factors involved in the global Automotive Pedestrian Protection (PPS) market affected by the pandemic
- To provide a detailed insight into the major companies operating in the market. The profiling will include the financial health of the company past 2-3 years with segmental and regional revenue breakup, product offering, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and key strategies.
Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) Market FAQs
- What is the study period of this market?
- The study period of the global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) market is 2020 – 2030
- What is the growth rate of the global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) market?
- The global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) market is growing at a CAGR of ~ XX% over the next 7 years
- Which region has the highest growth rate in the global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) market?
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR during 2022 – 2030
- Which region has the largest share in the global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) market?
- North America holds the largest share in 2021
- Who are the key players in the global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) market?
- Robert Bosch GmbH, Aptiv PLC, Continental AG, Autoliv Inc, DENSO, Magna International Inc, ZF, Mobileye, WABCO Holdings, Inc, Valeo, Nissan Motor Company Ltd, AB Volvo, Subaru Corporation and others are the major companies operating in the global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Systems (PPS) market.
- Do you offer Post Sale Support?
- Yes we offer 16 hours of analyst support in order to solve the queries
- Do you sell particular sections of a report?
- Yes we provide regional as well as country-level reports. Other than this we also provide the sectional report. Please get in contact with our sales representatives.