The Global Aircraft Seating market is expected to be valued at $6.45billion by 2028 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.10% from 2021 to 2028. An airline seat accommodates passengers for the duration of the journey on an airplane. The seats are generally arranged in rows running across the airplane’s fuselage. An airline offers four cabin classes which are, economy, premium economy, business and first class. Each cabin class offers different levels of seating comfort.
|Market Size (2028)
|CAGR (2021 to 2028)
|Class, End Use, Aircraft Type, Type, Fit
|Key Companies Profiled
|Safran, Collins Aerospace, Geven, RECARO Aircraft Seating GmbH & Co. KG, HAECO Americas, Lufthansa Technik, Stelia Aerospace, Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited, Zim Flugsitz GmbH, Thompson Aero Seating Ltd
|Key Countries/Regions Analyzed
|US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Rest of Europe, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Rest of Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
|2022 to 2028
The factors driving the growth of the global aircraft seating market include rising air travel, increase in urban middle class and growth in aircraft orders. Furthermore, increasing number of premium economy class seats along with retrofitting and maintenance of existing aircraft further fuel the growth of the aircraft seating market.
- Maintenance and retrofitting of existing aircraft
Multiple airlines are upgrading their aircraft seats, since the old seats have become outdated. The introduction of lightweight and advanced materials for cabin seats has resulted in the upgrade to new seats. Moreover, business jet owners are increasingly personalising their cabin seats Therefore, the maintenance and retrofitting of existing aircraft drives the growth of the aircraft seating market significantly.
2) Rising number of premium economy seats.
The premium economy class is designed as a class between first and business class in order to bridge the gap between sardine- style economy experience and the opulence of business class. Premium economy class offers wider seats, better eating options and enhanced leg room. It is the perfect option for customers who are unable to afford business class. Thus, the increasing number of premium economy seats is expected to fuel the growth of the market.
The factors restraining the growth of the global aircraft seating market include the regulatory framework & certification and decrease in profitable airlines in developing countries.
Key Insight in the report:
The Global Aircraft Seating market report covers Executive Summary, Market Dynamics, Trend Analysis, Market Size and Forecast, Competitive Intelligence, Market Positioning, Product Benchmarking, and Opportunity Analysis.
The report covers extensive competitive intelligence which includes following data points:
- Business Overview
- Business Model
- Financial Data
- Financial – Existing
- Financial – Funding
- Product Segment Analysis and specification
- Recent Development and Company Strategy Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
Aircraft Seating Market Segmentation
The report covers market sizing and forecasting at the country level as well as at the segment level. Aircraft Seating Market is analyzed across below-mentioned different segments:
- Premium Economy
By End Use
By Aircraft Type
- Narrow Body Aircrafts
- Wide Body Aircrafts
- Very Light Aircraft
- Regional Transport Aircrafts
- Business Jets
- Line Fit
North America dominates the global aircraft seating market which is attributed to the presence of major key players in the region. Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period, owing to growth in air passenger traffic from countries which include Indonesia, India, Japan and China.
The Aircraft Seating Market is analyzed across below mentioned region.
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Aircraft Seating Market Ecosystem Players:
Some of the key ecosystem players in Aircraft Seating Market include:
- Collins Aerospace
- RECARO Aircraft Seating GmbH & Co. KG
- HAECO Americas
- Lufthansa Technik
- Stelia Aerospace
- Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited
- Zim Flugsitz GmbH
- Thompson Aero Seating Ltd
- In 2019, Thompson entered into agreement with Swiss Inetrnational Airlines AG to supply new first class and business class seats for the retrofit of their Airbus A340 aicraft
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High level analysis of the current and future market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis on current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Aircraft Seating market historical market size for year 2020, and forecast from 2021 to 2028
- Aircraft Seating market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.