The global DNS Security Software market size is projected to reach approximately $2.31 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 9.8% from 2022 to 2030. The Domain Name System (DNS) security software is widely used to secure DNS servers and the websites they support. This technology uses filters to redirect website traffic through the systems. It is capable of identifying dangerous websites and media. DNS Software helps IT personnel by providing tools that classify websites, categorize users, group devices, and customize usage policies. Companies protect their employees’ devices and servers by blocking dangerous content, media, or websites. Content filters can also be employed to prevent employees from accessing inappropriate content, such as adult or pay-per-view sites.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had an impact on every segment of society, affecting individuals and businesses alike. The internet ecosystem has been playing a pivotal role all over the globe; it has brought a lot of opportunity for billions of people and has also caused a lot of change. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, online businesses increased in prevalence dramatically. Many industries, including banking and finance, retail, government, hospitality, and education have taken up an online business. Due to employees using their personal or public networks to access company systems, the need for a secure server rapidly increased. There is a heightened need for DNS security software to protect against cyber-attacks and to promote better remote working environments.
The growth in the DNS Security Software market is mainly driven by the rising cyber threats across all sectors. The increasing demand for cloud-based services and security threats from hackers, botnets, and malware are some of the driving forces in this market. However, low levels of technical expertise among organizations and free-to-use servers available might limit the global market for DNS Security Software in the forecast period.
⮚ An increase in the number of Cyber-Attacks on Organizational as well as Individual Systems
DNS security software works to avoid security issues such as spoofing, hijacking, lock-up attacks, cache poisoning, and bot-based customer premise equipment. Many DNS protection solutions can detect and mitigate Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. DDoS attacks can target DNS servers, but they can also attempt to attack virtually any kind of computer or network resource. Organizations can block or redirect DNS requests to identify malicious domains with the help of DNS software. They can also alert users visiting dangerous sites or upon possible malware attacks by communicating with operators. According to the Global DNS Threat Report, India witnessed the highest number of DNS attacks in 2021, and globally over 87% of organizations experienced a DNS attack, with an average cost incurred by each attack being US$ 950,000.
- Availability of Free to Use DNS Security software
One of the limiting factors for the DNS Security Software market is the availability of open-source DNS servers. There are a variety of open-source servers online, including the Google Public DNS Server for faster browsing speed and security. These servers provide a real threat to paid systems. The availability of open-source DNS servers is a limiting factor for the market, but it also provides an opportunity for new software vendors to enter.
⮚ Increasing Adoption of Cloud Computing
Enterprises have shifted many of the workloads onto cloud infrastructure which offers features like scalability, reliability, and cost-effectiveness. This computing environment also provides a resilient architecture that can withstand issues such as downtime. Many organizations have reported significant enhancements in business operations, lower CAPEX, and reduced IT-related expenses after implementing Cloud computing. Cloud computing services implemented in organizations enable them to achieve automation levels appropriate for their needs. Enterprises are increasingly adopting cloud computing services to respond to changing market demands more efficiently.
Based on the Type, the DNS Security Software market is segmented based Cloud-Based and On-Premises. The Cloud-Based segment is anticipated to account for the large market share. This segment is rapidly expanding in all areas of business due to its high, super-convenient, affordable, and low-cost benefits. In recent years, many companies have scaled up and down with the deployment of cloud technology. Along with scalability, the flexibility of the cloud is appealing to small businesses, which can easily adjust their prices based on growing/shrinking demand.
Based on Application, the global DNS Security Software market has been divided into Large Enterprises, SMEs, and Home Users. The SMEs segment is expected to hold the largest market share. The demand for DNS security services is increasing at an exponential rate among medium-sized enterprises. Many of these SMEs are hosting their websites and applications over the Internet and increasingly, they require a high level of security measures to be taken in place. Cyber threats are increasing at a rapid and widespread rate, which is causing the demand for the Global DNS Security Service Market in Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) to spike.
Global DNS Security Software Market Share, by Segmentation
Based on region, the global DNS Security Software market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America is projected to dominate the use of the DNS Security Software market followed by the Asia-Pacific and Europe regions.
North America Market
North America is expected to account for the highest DNS Security Software revenue in the upcoming years due to the presence of highly developed regions that have an advanced technical infrastructure and increasing adoption of 4G and impending 5G networks. GSMA suggests that 5G subscribers will total 345 million by 2025, leading the region to be in the top spot. DNS market penetration by verticals such as media and entertainment, healthcare, BFSI, telecom, IT, and the government will likely accelerate market penetration.
The market comprises tier-1, tier-2, and local players. With their wide product portfolios, tier-1 and tier-2 players have a global reach. Because of their strategic innovations and broad regional presence, companies such as Akamai Technologies, Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA), Comodo, Security Solutions, Inc., DNSFilter Inc., DomainTools, Efficient IP, HelpSystems, Open, Text Corporation, ScoutDNS, LLC, and TitanHQ., lead the global DNS Security Software business. To increase their market position and attract a wide consumer base, the businesses are employing various strategies, such as growth, product releases, and alliances.
- Akamai Technologies
- Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
- Comodo Security Solutions, Inc.
- DNSFilter Inc.
- Efficient IP
- Open Text Corporation
- ScoutDNS, LLC
In July 2021, DNSFilter Inc. closed a US$30 million Series A round led by global venture capital firm Insight Partners.
Scope of the Report
Global DNS Security Software Market, by Type
Global DNS Security Software Market, by Application
- Large Enterprises
- Home Users
Global DNS Security Software Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
|Market Size||2030: $ 2.31 Billion|
|CAGR||9.8% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Key Segmentations||Type, Application|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa|
|Key Vendors||Akamai Technologies, Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA), Comodo, Security Solutions, Inc., DNSFilter Inc., DomainTools, Efficient IP, HelpSystems, Open, Text Corporation, ScoutDNS, LLC, and TitanHQ.|
|Key Market Opportunities||Increased Adoption of Cloud Computing|
|Key Market Drivers||An increase in the number of Cyber-Attacks on Organizational as well as Individual Systems|
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High-level analysis of the current and future DNS Security Software market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis of current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- DNS Security Software market historical market size for the year 2020, and forecast from 2021 to 2028
- DNS Security Software market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.
- To identify and understand the various factors involved in the global DNS Security Software market affected by the pandemic
- To provide a detailed insight into the major companies operating in the market. The profiling will include the financial health of the company past 2-3 years with segmental and regional revenue breakup, product offering, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and key strategies.
Global DNS Security Software Market FAQs
1. What is the study period of this market?
● The study period of the global DNS Security Software market is 2020 – 2030
2. What is the growth rate of the global DNS Security Software market?
● The global DNS Security Software market is growing at a CAGR of ~ 9.8% over the next 7 years
3. Which region has the highest growth rate in the global DNS Security Software market?
● Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR during 2022 – 2030
4. Which region has the largest share in the global DNS Security Software market?
● North America holds the largest share in 2021
5. Who are the key players in the global DNS Security Software market?
● Akamai Technologies, Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA), Comodo, Security Solutions, Inc., DNSFilter Inc., DomainTools, Efficient IP, HelpSystems, Open, Text Corporation, ScoutDNS, LLC, and TitanHQ are the major companies operating in the global DNS Security Software market.
6. Do you offer Post Sale Support?
● Yes, we offer 16 hours of analyst support to solve the queries
7. Do you sell particular sections of a report?
● Yes, we provide regional as well as country-level reports. Other than this we also provide a sectional report. Please get in contact with our sales representatives.