The Global Wireless Router market size is projected to reach approximately USD 17084.09 million by 2030, at a CAGR of 8.4% from 2022 to 2030. Wireless routers, or WIFI routers, are the hardware that helps connect a home’s local network to the internet. They offer stable connections to the internet. It also helps many users use the network at any given moment. This technology has developed over time. Today it is faster and more powerful than before. It also reduces the need for extensive wiring, which was often required in the past. And because of this, this technology can provide the internet to more people at once. Working through the Wireless mode, allows being flexible and mobile, which is excellent in today’s hectic environment.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The Global Wireless Router Market unprecedented growth in the market for Wi-Fi routers is largely attributable to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. Not only do Wi-Fi routers provide high-speed data, but they also help computers communicate with one another without the traditional need for cables. The COVID-19 pandemic caused many to cut back on the amount of office time they spend and instead use their time to work remotely. This compelled the employees to stay at home. Working remotely has become a large trend. Due to this, schools and colleges have also done away with physical campuses entirely, so students can be safe at home. These trends further stimulated the Wireless Router Market.
Wireless Router Market Dynamics
The growth in the Wireless Router market is driven by the increasing demand for faster connectivity which has become more of a necessity in this tech-savvy world. The global economic recovery, growing online business, and increasing popularity of social media advertising are some of the factors that are driving this growth. Government initiatives and competitive pricing will create opportunities for the Wireless Router market.
⮚ Increasing Demand for Faster Connectivity
The increase in demand for faster internet connection from consumers has resulted in an increasing number of e-commerce transactions, mobile learning, and online-related activities. As a result, the wireless router has become a necessity that is indispensable to human life. Some factors contributing to the growth of mobile broadband, are economic affordability, availability of smartphones, and reduced technology cost per MB of data. Lack of fixed-line access in certain developing markets is another factor contributing to this increase in mobile broadband usage. This expansion in the mobile broadband market should optimistically impact the year-on-year growth of the Wireless Router Market.
- Rising Cyber Security Issues pose as a Challenge
With the easy access to a worldwide-connected network and an average of 63 hacking cases an hour of internet users, it’s no wonder cyber security is such a big concern. This hinders the wireless market growth. The internet provides an easy point of entry into virtually any network, with many users often leaving their devices and networks vulnerable- making them an easy target for malicious hackers.
- Innovations in technology and Government Initiatives
Governments across the globe are investing heavily in infrastructure that includes “smart cities”. Along with this, governments are also supporting the IT Industries by investing in infrastructures for wireless routers. This is expected to lead to growth opportunities for the Wireless Router market. The Singaporean government is introducing policies that are not only expected to increase initiatives in broadband services, such as the Next-Generation High-Speed Broadband Network (NGHBN) but will also see the development and deployment of interactive digital services. As a result, the governments around the world aim to expand their initiative in facilitating the adoption of wireless communications io provide various profitable opportunities for the Wireless Router Market.
Wireless Router Market Segment Overview
Based on the Standard, the Wireless Router market is segmented into 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac, and 802.11ax. The 802.11n segment is anticipated to account for the large market share because of the high speed of 600 Mbps that it provides for data transfer. Furthermore, MIMO antennas are used which allows these devices to send data across different channels. Also these days almost all laptops and tablets come with the 802.11n Wi-Fi standard, so an 802.11n router is great when you want to connect a few devices together.
By Product Type
Based on Industry, the global Wireless Router market has been divided into Single Band, Dual Band, and Tri-Band. The single band routers operate on 2.4GHz which is the lowest frequency band, whereas the dual-band router operates on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. The tri-band router supports channels from 5GHz to 5.8GHZ. Most people use channels between 2.4 GHz – and 5GHz which is why dual-band wireless routers are preferred over other types of routers.
Based on Application, the global Wireless Router market has been divided into Household, Commercial, Enterprise, and Transportation. The Household segment is expected to hold the largest market share due to an increasing lifestyle dependency on devices capable of connecting to the internet. Local schools are using remote learning more and this has caused an increase in demand for high-speed internet providers. Further, with most parents out at work, there has been a sharp rise in usage. Households are now largely becoming smart homes that require the internet for multiple functions. The rise of smart TVs, and speakers, such as Amazon Echo and Google Home, has resulted in increased growth of the Wireless router market.
Based on Industry, the global Wireless Router market has been divided into Indoor and Outdoor Use. The Indoor Segment is expected to hold the largest market share due to widespread high-speed internet connection in every house and office, as well as the adoption of many other connected devices with higher capabilities that allow for machine-to-machine communication. These include video surveillance and healthcare monitoring.
Wireless Router Market Regional Analysis
Based on region, the global Wireless Router market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America is projected to dominate the use of the Wireless Router market followed by the Asia-Pacific and Europe regions.
North America Market
The North American region of Wireless Router has the largest market share and leads industry growth. Major tech giants, such as Cisco, D-Link, and TP-Link have contributed to the growth of the wireless router market. There have also been major technological trends in the country which have aided adoption of these routers. The Broadbands market is well established in the States. Overseas companies are starting to invest in it, and saturation is near: 4 out of every 5 households have broadband by the end of the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing region with developing economies such as Singapore, China, and India driving this growth. The Asia- Pacific region will prosper in the coming year because of major developments in the technological sector. The region is also becoming increasingly hospitable to foreign investment, making it a lucrative destination for any company to start its operations.
The market comprises tier-1, tier-2, and local players. With their wide product portfolios, tier-1 and tier-2 players have a global reach. Because of their strategic innovations and broad regional presence, companies such as Cisco Systems, Inc, Shenzhen Tenda Technology Co. Ltd, and TP-Link Technologies Co. Ltd leads the global Wireless Router business. To increase their market position and attract a wide consumer base, the businesses are employing various strategies, such as growth, product releases, and alliances.
- Cisco Systems, Inc
- Shenzhen Tenda Technology Co. Ltd
- TP-Link Technologies Co. Ltd
- Belkin International, Inc
- D-Link Corporation
- Edimax Technology Co., Ltd
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
- Netgear Inc
- ASUSTeK Computer Inc
Tenda’s 4G680 LTE and VoLTE router were launched in India in 2019. It can provide up to 300Mbps wireless data rates, has a built-in 4G LTE module, and complies with IEEE 802.11b/g/n standards.
Scope of the Report
Global Wireless Router Market, by Standard
Global Wireless Router Market, by Product Type
- Single Band
- Dual Band
- Tri Band
Global Wireless Router Market, by Application
Global Wireless Router Market, by End-Use
Global Wireless Router Market, by region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
|Market Size||2030: USD 17084.09 million|
|CAGR||8.4% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Key Segmentations||Standard, Product Type, Application, End-Use|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa|
|Key Vendors||Cisco Systems, Inc, Shenzhen Tenda Technology Co. Ltd, TP-Link Technologies Co. Ltd, Belkin International, Inc, D-Link Corporation, Edimax Technology Co., Ltd, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd, Netgear Inc, Xiaomi, ASUSTeK Computer Inc|
|Key Market Opportunities||Innovations in technology and Government Initiatives|
|Key Market Drivers||Increasing Demand for Faster Connectivity|
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High-level analysis of the current and future Wireless Router market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis on current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Wireless Router market historical market size for the year 2020, and forecast from 2021 to 2028
- Wireless Router market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.
- To identify and understand the various factors involved in the global Wireless Router market affected by the pandemic
- To provide a detailed insight on the major companies operating in the market. The profiling will include the financial health of the company in the past 2-3 years with segmental and regional revenue breakup, product offering, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and key strategies.
Wireless Router Market FAQs
- What is the study period of this market?
- The study period of the global Wireless Router market is 2020 – 2030
- What is the growth rate of the global Wireless Router market?
- The global Wireless Router market is growing at a CAGR of ~ 4% over the next 7 years
- Which region has the highest growth rate in the global Wireless Router market?
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR during 2022 – to 2030
- Which region has the largest share in the global Wireless Router market?
- North America holds the largest share in 2021
- Who are the key players in the global Wireless Router market?
- Cisco Systems, Inc, Shenzhen Tenda Technology Co. Ltd, TP-Link Technologies Co. Ltd, Belkin International, Inc, D-Link Corporation, Edimax Technology Co., Ltd, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd, Netgear Inc, Xiaomi, ASUSTeK Computer Inc are the major companies operating in the global Wireless Router
- Do you offer Post Sale Support?
- Yes, we offer 16 hours of analyst support in order to solve the queries
- Do you sell particular sections of a report?
- Yes, we provide regional as well as country-level reports. Other than this we also provide sectional reports. Please get in contact with our sales representatives.