The global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market size is projected to reach approximately USD 87 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 9% from 2020 to 2030. Semiconductor fabrication is the process of manufacturing semiconductor products. It starts with a silicon wafer and finishes with a complex microprocessor. The process is divided into many steps, each one requiring a different set of tools and skills. The semiconductor fabrication process is divided into two major areas front-end processing and back-end processing. Front-end processing includes the steps from silicon wafer fabrication to photolithography, while back-end processing includes all the steps after photolithography.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The covid 19 has impacted various sectors around the world. Some countries had to close down their economy to reduce the spread of the virus. The virus had impacted the Semiconductor Fabrication Material market and its end-user sectors and consumers. To reduce the spread of the virus the world economies had implemented strict restrictions like working with a half workforce, cross-border trade restrictions, and closing of manufacturing units or operating with 50% capacity. The coronavirus had delayed the growth of the Semiconductor Fabrication Material due to the financial uncertainty faced by the industrial sector and the decrease in demand for electronics products.
The semiconductor fabrication material market is projected to witness growth owing to the rising demand for consumer electronics. The increasing demand for consumer electronics has boosted the semiconductor fabrication market, which in turn has increased the demand for semiconductor fabrication material.
Ø Increase in demand from End-use Industry
The increased use of semiconductors in a variety of industries such as telecommunications, consumer appliances, and others is expected to dramatically boost the demand for semiconductor fabrication materials during the forecast period. Modern communication technology began with the use of semiconductor devices for telecommunication technology. Transistors helped improve existing technologies from narrow bands to private packet-switched networks. 5G network is just one of the technologies that have been achieved with the help of semiconductor technology and can transfer large amounts of data faster than 4G LTE. With the use of semiconductor devices in telecommunication increasing, the demand for semiconductor fabrication material is also on the rise.
- High Price for Raw Material
In recent times, the prices of raw materials used for semiconductor fabrication material manufacturing, such as silicon chips, wafers, and industrial gases, have increased, which has led to an increase in the price of semiconductor fabrication material. silicone is being used for a diverse range of applications and has become the most popular construction material for everyday objects like car parts and computer components. The physical properties that have made it essential in such forms also make it desirable in more specialized functions which must be matched to corresponding standards. Semiconductor research, testing, and manufacturing are what drive up their cost. Consequently, their high prices stem from all of the extensive work that goes into them.
Semiconductor Fabrication Market Opportunity:
- Advancements in nanotechnology
As the need for high-performance products and systems increases exponentially, so does the demand for semiconductor fabrication material. Advancements in nanotechnology and the growth of the Internet of Things are expected to drive the market’s growth. Semiconductor fabrication material is currently experiencing an increased demand because of the rapid growth of the electronic gadgets and electronic systems industry. This demand is projected to continue over the forecast period, resulting in a booming market for semiconductor fabrication materials.
Based on type, the global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market has been segmented based on Silicon Wafers, Photomasks, Photoresists, Wet Chemicals, CMP Slurry, and Pads, Gases, Sputter Targets, Photoresist Ancillaries, Other. The silicon wafers segment is the fastest growing in the global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market.
Based on application, the global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market has been segmented based on Computers, Communications, Consumer Goods, Defense & Aerospace, Other. The Defense & Aerospace segment holds a significant market share in the global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market.
Global Semiconductor Fabrication Material Market Share, by Segmentation
By region, the global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The Asia Pacific holds the largest market for Semiconductor Fabrication Material market.
North America Market
The North American Semiconductor Fabrication Material market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR in the global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market. The semiconductor fabrication material market is mainly driven by increasing demand for semiconductors, which are used in various electronic products such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, and other consumer electronics. The demand for semiconductors is growing at a higher rate than the demand for other electronic components. This has led to an increased demand for materials in the semiconductor industry and consequently has led to an increase in the consumption of semiconductor fabrication materials.
The Asia-Pacific region is the largest consumer of semiconductor fabrication materials. This is mainly due to rapid growth in China and India, which are experiencing a boom in smartphone sales and data centers. The Asia-Pacific region will continue to dominate this market over the forecast period owing to its strong economic growth, high demand for semiconductors, and increasing investments in infrastructure projects.
The market comprises tier-1, tier-2, and local players. With their wide product portfolios, tier-1 and tier-2 players have a global reach. Because of their strategic innovations and broad regional presence, companies such as BASF SE, Kanto Chemical Co., Inc., Air Liquide SA, Linde AG, Praxair, Inc, Taiyo Nippon Sanso, Dow Chemical Company, Air Products and Chemicals Inc, JSR Corporation, Alent Plc lead the global Semiconductor Fabrication Material business. To increase their market position and attract a wide consumer base, the businesses are employing various strategies, such as growth, product releases, and alliances.
- BASF SE
- Kanto Chemical Co. Inc
- Air Liquide SA
- Linde AG
- Praxair, Inc
- Taiyo Nippon Sanso
- Dow Chemical Company
- Air Products and Chemicals Inc
- JSR Corporation
- Alent Plc
In March 2022, The market player JSR Corporation has announced the expansion of its company by establishing JSR Electronic Materials Taiwan Co., Ltd in Taiwan to support the marketing, sales, and R&D activities of the semiconductor materials business.
Scope of the Report
Global Semiconductor Fabrication Material Market, by Type
- Silicon Wafers
- Wet Chemicals
- CMP Slurry And Pads
- Sputter Targets
- Photoresist Ancillaries
Global Semiconductor Fabrication Material Market, by Application
- Consumer Goods
- Defense & Aerospace
Global Semiconductor Fabrication Material Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
|Market Size||2030: USD 87 Billion|
|CAGR||9% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Key Segmentations||Type, Application|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa|
|Key Vendors||BASF SE, Kanto Chemical Co., Inc., Air Liquide SA, Linde AG, Praxair, Inc, Taiyo Nippon Sanso, Dow Chemical Company, Air Products and Chemicals Inc, JSR Corporation, Alent Plc|
|Key Market Opportunities||Advancements in nanotechnology|
|Key Market Drivers||Increase in demand from End-use Industry|
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High-level analysis of the current and future market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis on current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Semiconductor Material market historical market size for year 2020, and forecast from 2021 to 2028
- Semiconductor Material market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.
- To identify and understand the various factors involved in the global market affected by the pandemic
- To provide a detailed insight on the major companies operating in the market. The profiling will include the financial health of the company past 2-3 years with segmental and regional revenue breakup, product offering, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and key strategies.
Semiconductor Fabrication Market FAQs
- What is the study period of this market?
- The study period of global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market is 2020 – 2030
- What is the growth rate of global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market?
- The global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market is growing at a CAGR of ~ 9% over the next 7 years
- Which region has highest growth rate in global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market?
- North America is expected to register the highest CAGR during 2022 – 2030
- Which region has the largest share in global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market?
- Asia Pacific holds the largest share in 2021
- Who are the key players in global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market?
- BASF SE, Kanto Chemical Co., Inc., Air Liquide SA, Linde AG, Praxair, Inc, Taiyo Nippon Sanso, Dow Chemical Company, Air Products and Chemicals Inc, JSR Corporation, Alent Plc are the major companies operating in the global Semiconductor Fabrication Material market.
- Do you offer Post Sale Support?
- Yes we offer 16 hours of anayst support in order to solve the quries
- Do you sell particular sections of a report?
Yes we provide regional as well as country level report. Other than this we also provide sectional report. Please get in contact with our sales representatives.