The online food delivery services market consists of sales of online food delivery to the doorstep and other services related to household consumption. In online food delivery services, the companies involved in distributing the packages received from hospitality establishments and have an online portal or application for sales. In these, the food can either ready-to-eat or food that has to be specially prepared for consumption. The global online food delivery service market is expected reach $109.38 billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 19.63%. In the year 2019, Asia-pacific was the largest region for the online food delivery service market.
The key factors that have impacted the growth of the global online food delivery service market includes rise in the use of smartphones worldwide. In the food & beverage industry, smartphone users are the primary online shoppers, and an increase in smartphone users reflects a potential increase in online shopping.
The major restraints that have impacted the growth of the market include cost of the supply chain and logistics. In these, there are various cost associated with the delivery supply chain which includes order fulfillment, delivery cost, adjusting resource to market demand, and last-mile connectivity. Other than these the cost for cardboard boxes for packaging, gas, mileage, and the cost to hire a delivery agent. Time to time up-gradation is needed in logistics system for on-time delivery despite the increase online grocery system and due to this the supplier side may restrain the growth of online food delivery services market.
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to supply chain disruptions leading to supply shortages or lower demand in the global online food delivery services market and business spending and this pattern is to continue for some time. The end-user trend and preferences have changed due to the pandemic and have resulted in manufacturers, developers, and service providers to adopt various strategies to stabilize the company.
In terms of COVID 19 impact, the online food delivery services market report also includes following data points:
- Impact on global online food delivery services market size
- End User Trend, Preferences and Budget Impact
- Regulatory Framework/Government Policies
- Key Players Strategy to Tackle Negative Impact/Post-COVID Strategies
- Opportunity in global online food delivery services market
Key Insight in the report:
The Global Online Food Delivery Service market report covers Executive Summary, Market Dynamics, Trend Analysis, Market Size and Forecast, Competitive Intelligence, Market Positioning, Product Benchmarking, and Opportunity Analysis.
The report covers extensive competitive intelligence which include following data points:
- Business Overview
- Business Model
- Financial Data
- Financial – Existing
- Financial – Funding
- Product Segment Analysis and specification
- Recent Development and Company Strategy Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
The report covers market sizing and forecasting at the country level as well as at the segment level. Global online food delivery service market is analyzed across below-mentioned different segments:
- By Type
- By Channel Type
- Mobile Applications
- Payment Method
- Cash On Delivery
- Online Payments
Global online food delivery service market is also analyzed across below-mentioned regions/countries
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
Rest of the World
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Some of the key players in of Global online food delivery service market include:
- Uber Eats
- Domino’s Pizza
- Just Eat
- Pizza Hut
- In the year 2020, Zomato, an Indian food delivery services company, has acquired Indian operations of Uber eats for $350 million.
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High level analysis of the current and future market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis on current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Historic market size for year 2019, market estimates for 2020 and forecast from 2021 to 2028
- Vendor market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.