The global Kids Food market size is projected to reach approximately $ 144.229 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 4.78% from 2022 to 2030. A kid’s food market is a type of grocery store that is typically targeted toward children. Kids’ food markets carry a wide variety of foods that are specifically designed for children, such as cereal, snacks, fruit and vegetables, bread, and produce. Kids’ food markets usually carry a wider variety of products than a typical grocery store does. The Kid’s Food market is complex and marketers try to target it toward children, to gain their approval. However, the main buyer for these products is the parents.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The Kids Food and Beverage Market curbed trading due to a coronavirus pandemic. Several deciding factors played a major role in determining the course of action. While there was initially a small concern when the disease had spread and school lockdowns, curfews, and social distances were put in place making it difficult to find workers, the subsequent announcement of extenuating aid allowed the industry to bounce back smoothly. Unfortunately, the market experienced a surge in demand due to the sudden fear of stricter regulations. There was also a lot of panic buying which led to high prices and shortages. The increased availability and low prices of the products combined with people’s predisposition to buy goods in times of crisis caused a surge in demand during the pandemic.
The growth in the Kids’ Food market is driven by the rising Standard of living and creative marketing campaigns carried out by brands. Growing health concerns and increasing government legislation are expected to hamper the Kids’ Food Market’s growth.
⮚ Effective and Creative Marketing Campaigns by Brands
Kids Food Marketers advertise their products in ways that kids find appealing. They have a colorful logo with lots of different shapes and they also put the product on sale in a way to appeal to parents. Although it’s difficult not to buy something a child is asking for, almost all parents at some point do because they want the best for their children. A recent Pediatrics study found that kids are significantly more likely to choose character-branded food than non-character-branded food. This provides an incentive for advertisers to continue to target the children through promotional efforts, which helps increase sales and then make money for the company. Mcdonald’s, Kellogg’s, and M&M are a few of the many companies that use mascots or characters to promote their products.
- Growing Cases of Obesity and Increased Regulations
Due to the rise in obesity and related disorders, parents are opting for fresh food and beverage which is healthy, with no sugar or low sugar with organic ingredients. According to a joint study conducted by United Nations Children’s Fund-World Health Organization-World Bank, 5.7% of children under the age of five were overweight in 2020. This number is increasing in both high and low-income countries. Companies around the world are increasingly having to fall in line with legislation that demands better food marketing practices.
- Nutritional Rich Products to Gain Market Share
With the rise in health concerns from energy-dense foods that are high in fat and sugars, brands of nutritional food will be a large part of the market going forward. The growing health awareness among the people, the increasing government initiatives to feed healthy products to the children, and the growing literacy rate are expected to provide a significant push to this market especially when it comes to children’s foods.
Based on the Type, the Kid’s Food market is segmented based on Bakery Products, Dairy Products, Cereals and Grains, Snacks, Fruits and vegetables, and Beverages. The Bakery Products segment is most popular in the kids’ Food market as it includes delicious cakes, biscuits, and chips. There has been an increase in demand for food items made by healthier alternatives, such as eggs and yogurt. In addition to the demand for these healthier alternatives that are becoming more popular, there has been a rise in demand for vegan baked goods. In the past five years, the vegan market has been on a steady rise, with new vegan bakeries popping up everywhere.
By Age Group
Based on Age Group, the global Kids’ Food market has been divided into 2-8 years, 9-13 years, and 14-18 years. The 14-18 years segment is expected to hold the largest market share due to the changing lifestyle and awareness among kids and their parents. Parents are also becoming more aware of nutritional food which encourages them to include it in their diet at home.
By Distribution Channel
Based on Distribution Channel, the global Kids Food market has been divided into a supermarket, online stores, specialty stores, grocery stores, and convenience stores. The Grocery Store is expected to hold the largest market share due to less competition in the segment. The Supermarket segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR.
Global Kids Food Market Share, by Segmentation
Based on region, the global Kids’ Food market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America is projected to dominate the use of the Kids Food market followed by the Asia-Pacific and Europe regions.
North America Market
The North American region of Kids Food has the largest market share and leads industry growth. The region is expected to maintain its position over the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing awareness among consumers regarding a healthy diet, rising expenditure on child nutrition by government and private organizations, as well as increasing domestic demand.
Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing region with developing economies such as Singapore, China, and India driving this growth. With emerging markets and changing consumer preferences, the Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period. This will be driven by the growing disposable incomes of consumers and rapid urbanization in these societies.
The market comprises tier-1, tier-2, and local players. With their wide product portfolios, tier-1 and tier-2 players have a global reach. Because of their strategic innovations and broad regional presence, companies such as The Simply Good Foods Company, Britvic PLC., General Mills Inc., and Nestlé, lead the global Kids Food business. To increase their market position and attract a wide consumer base, the businesses are employing various strategies, such as growth, product releases, and alliances.
- The Simply Good Foods Company
- Britvic PLC.
- General Mills Inc.
- The Kraft Heinz Company
- McKee Foods
- KRISPY KERNELS Foods
In 2020, Nestle SA introduced two new plant-based beverages, including Milo and Nesquick Go Prune drink. These are made from natural ingredients with low sugar content.
Scope of the Report
Global Kids Food Market, by Product Type
- Bakery Products
- Dairy Products
- Cereals and Grains
- Fruits and Vegetables
Global Kids Food Market, by Age Group
- 2-8 years
- 9-13 years
- 14-18 years
Global Kids Food Market, by Distribution Channel
- Online Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Grocery Stores
- Convenience Stores
Global Kids Food Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
|Market Size||2030: $ 144.229 Billion|
|CAGR||4.78% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Key Segmentations||Product Type, Age Group, Distribution Channel|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa|
|Key Vendors||The Simply Good Foods Company, Britvic PLC., General Mills Inc., Nestlé, Kellogg family of companies, The Kraft Heinz Company, McKee Foods, PepsiCo Inc., Vitaco, KRISPY KERNELS Foods|
|Key Market Opportunities||Nutritional Rich Products to Gain Market Share|
|Key Market Drivers||Effective and Creative Marketing Campaigns by Brands|
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High-level analysis of the current and future Kids Food market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis of current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Kids Food market historical market size for the year 2020, and forecast from 2021 to 2028
- Kids Food market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.
- To identify and understand the various factors involved in the global Kids’ Food market affected by the pandemic
- To provide a detailed insight into the major companies operating in the market. The profiling will include the financial health of the company past 2-3 years with segmental and regional revenue breakup, product offering, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and key strategies.
Kids Food Market FAQs
- What is the study period of this market?
- The study period of the global Kids’ Food market is 2020-to 2030
- What is the growth rate of the global Kids’ Food market?
- The global Kids’ Food market is growing at a CAGR of ~ 78% over the next 7 years
- Which region has the highest growth rate in the global Kids’ Food market?
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR during 2022 – 2030
- Which region has the largest share in the global Kids’ Food market?
- North America holds the largest share in 2021
- Who are the key players in the global Kids’ Food market?
- The Simply Good Foods Company, Britvic PLC., General Mills Inc., and Nestlé are the major companies operating in the global Kids’ Food
- Do you offer Post Sale Support?
- Yes we offer 16 hours of analyst support to solve the queries
- Do you sell particular sections of a report?
- Yes, we provide regional as well as country-level reports. Other than this we also provide a sectional report. Please get in contact with our sales representatives.