The global In-Game Advertising market size is projected to reach approximately $8.76 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 16.2% from 2022 to 2030. In-Game Advertising (IGA) is a form of advertising where commercial advertising is embedded in video games and delivered to the player while they are playing the game. In-game advertising can be seen in console games, PC games, gaming websites, and gaming demos. The market is driven by expanding the number of internet users, and the widespread usage of smartphones and other portable devices. As consumer awareness is growing daily and the industry is riddled with severe competition, it’s vital to target the right demographic. There are several growth opportunities in the business, and as technology progresses, advertising will be able to identify a possible or prospective customer or client much more easily. Advertisers can reach a broader pool of prospects for a lower cost by using in-game internet advertising instead of minor print media advertising. Instead of being the exception, in-game advertising became the standard.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The pandemic had a significant influence on many people’s lives in practically every country. Many industries, including digital advertising, are being impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Business owners are evaluating their marketing strategy in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, and they’re asking if now would be the ideal time to run internet ads. Since most end-users now operate online with digital devices, and many companies are preparing to shift their advertising expenditure to digital platforms because of the uncertainty of the pandemic’s end, the impact of covid on the in-game advertising industry is positive. Technological advancements, and also increased consumer time spent on internet gaming, are expected to drive the market for in-game marketing, prompting firms to display advertisements on gaming applications.
This market is driven by an increasing number of smartphone users, increasing sales of gaming platforms, rising awareness regarding in-game advertising, and an increasing number of gaming publishers. Key factors restraining the In-Game Advertising Market are the technical challenges related to in-game advertising, the lack of incentivized channels, and the reluctance of users to accept this advertising format.
Ø Increasing Number of Smartphone Users
Smartphones are all being adopted at an incredible rate around the globe. As a result, it is altering people’s socialization and communication patterns. Smartphone users can use a range of apps to connect to the internet and access a variety of services and content. The in-game advertising market is being driven by the increased popularity of mobile gaming. Because of the growing popularity of smartphones and the increased availability of high-speed internet, game makers are putting a larger emphasis on enhancing app design. Furthermore, manufacturers are increasingly adopting freemium methods, in which customers are given access to the first level of a game for free but must pay to access the upper levels. End-user demand for mobile games has risen as a result of these factors. Other reasons, such as an increase in the number of gamers and growing cooperation between marketers and video game developers, are going to propel the in-game advertising market.
- Lack of brand safety program
In-Game Advertising is an alternative form of advertising that can be seen in games because of the nature of this form, it is difficult to brand because it is a game and the companies are not able to control their advertising. Brands are not able to advertise their products without fear of being associated with controversial content in the game. It is typically not regulated by the FTC because it falls under the category of digital content. This stifles the market for in-game advertising.
- Growing prevalence of online multiplayer
the online multiplayer game sector has been growing. A new advertising channel has emerged as a result of the development of new ways for game makers to generate cash. This channel is known as in-game advertising, and it has grown to be a significant source of money for game producers and an ideal way for advertisers to communicate with gamers.
By Advertising Type
Based on the Advertising Type, the In-Game Advertising market is segmented based on Dynamic Ads, Static Ads, and Advergaming. The Static Ads segment is anticipated to account for the large market share so as a result of the developer’s increased use of static advertising as a promotional platform for the game Static ads have a larger impact on clients in a shorter time. In a game, static ads are embedded. By allowing game developers and advertisers to arrange their promos, static advertising allows for more personalization.
By Device Type
Based on Device Type, the global In-Game Advertising market has been divided into PC/Laptop and Smartphone/Tablet. The PC/Laptop segment is expected to dominate the in-game advertising market because of the increased amount of PC game players around the world Additionally, the ability of modern PCs to run games with high graphic qualities and online games is expected to boost this segment’s share during the next five years.
Global In-Game Advertising Market Share, by Segmentation
By region, the global In-Game Advertising market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America is projected to dominate the use of the In-Game Advertising market followed by the Asia-Pacific and Europe regions.
North America Market
North America is expected to have the largest share of the in-game advertising market because of the rising sales of smartphones, PCs, laptops, and other electronic devices game creators are increasingly employing games as a form of advertising. This is becoming increasingly important due to the proliferation of high-quality new games for smartphones, tablets & consoles. In-game advertising can be used by game creators to reach a wide audience and expand their market presence. It is an effective, non-intrusive way of expanding your business and allowing players to find it.
The Asia Pacific is forecasted to have the fastest-growing in-game advertising market because of the increasing popularity of gaming among young people, in various developed and developing nations throughout the region. Furthermore, countries such as China, Thailand, Japan, Indonesia, and Vietnam are driving market expansion by introducing new technologies to their people & increasing internet access.
The market comprises tier-1, tier-2, and local players. The tier-1 and tier-2 players have reached across the globe with diverse product portfolios. Companies such as Virtual Reality Ltd, Blizzard Entertainment Inc, Electronic Arts Inc, MediaSpike Inc, and InMobi dominate the global In-Game Advertising market due to strategic developments and diversified regional presence. The players are adopting various strategies, such as expansion, product launches, and partnerships, to strengthen their market position and capture a large customer base.
- Alphabet Inc
- Anzu Virtual Reality Ltd
- Blizzard Entertainment Inc
- Electronic Arts Inc
- MediaSpike Inc
- ironSource Ltd
- Motive Interactive Inc
- RapidFire Inc
In April 2021, InMobi announced the launch of in-game advertising, which would allow premium mobile consumers to be reached. It will include advertisements that are well-integrated into the gaming environment.
Scope of the Report
Global In-Game Advertising Market, by Advertising Type
- Dynamic Ads
- Static Ads
Global In-Game Advertising Market, by Device Type
Global In-Game Advertising Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
|Market Size||2030: $8.76 Billion|
|CAGR||16.2% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Key Segmentations||Advertising Type, Device Type|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa|
|Key Vendors||Alphabet Inc, Anzu Virtual Reality Ltd, Blizzard Entertainment Inc, Electronic Arts Inc, MediaSpike Inc, InMobi, ironSource Ltd, Motive Interactive Inc, Playwire, RapidFire Inc, WPP|
|Key Market Opportunities||Growing prevalence of online multiplayer|
|Key Market Drivers||Increasing Number of Smartphone Users|
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High-level analysis of the current and future In-Game Advertising market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis of current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- In-Game Advertising market historical market size for the year 2020, and forecast from 2021 to 2028
- In-Game Advertising market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.
- To identify and understand the various factors involved in the global In-Game Advertising market affected by the pandemic
- To provide a detailed insight into the major companies operating in the market. The profiling will include the financial health of the company past 2-3 years with segmental and regional revenue breakup, product offering, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and key strategies.
In-Game Advertising Market Market FAQs
- What is the study period of this market?
- The study period of global In-Game Advertising market is 2020 – 2030
- What is the growth rate of global In-Game Advertising market?
- The global In-Game Advertising market is growing at a CAGR of ~ 2% over the next 7 years
- Which region has highest growth rate in global In-Game Advertising market?
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR during 2022 – 2030
- Which region has the largest share in global In-Game Advertising market?
- North America holds the largest share in 2021
- Who are the key players in global In-Game Advertising market?
- Virtual Reality Ltd, Blizzard Entertainment Inc, Electronic Arts Inc, and MediaSpike Inc are the major companies operating in the global In-Game Advertising market.
- Do you offer Post Sale Support?
- Yes, we offer 16 hours of analyst support to solve the queries
- Do you sell particular sections of a report?
- Yes, we provide regional as well as country-level reports. Other than this we also provide a sectional report. Please get in contact with our sales representatives.