The global Protective Clothing market size is projected to reach approximately $17.6 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 6% from 2022 to 2030. Protective clothing is clothing that is designed to protect the user’s body or the user’s items of clothing from external hazards such as chemicals, infection, and heat. Protective clothing is also used to protect the workplace from infections or pollution caused by workers such as in the case of a microchip factory. Protective clothing also includes items such as historical armor, futuristic powered armor as well as bulletproof vests which are used in the military. An increase in the number of accidents, as well as deaths in hazardous work environments, propels the demand for protective clothing. In addition to this, the launch of innovative fibers coupled with attractive style and designs further boosts the demand for protective apparel.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a decrease in the protective clothing market, which will likely cause low growth. Due to the recent temporary closures in major countries and labor shortages, there has been a considerable slowdown in industrial activity. Oil and gas and construction are the industries where COVID has had the most marked effect, but other industries have also reported a slowdown in growth. This has led to reduced demand for protective clothing.
Factors that drive the growth of the global protective clothing market include stringent government regulations, significant investments in research and development to produce more advanced and innovative protective apparel, and rising demand for industrial protective clothing from different end-user industries. In addition to this, increasing cases of injuries at the workplace and rising demand for respiratory equipment in
⮚ Increase in Stringent Government Regulations
Factors such as growing concerns regarding the health and safety of workers have led to the formation of stringent regulations enforced by the government, especially in developed countries which are expected to drive the demand of the protective clothing market significantly. Various government standards, as well as regulations, make it mandatory for ends user industries such as oil and gas, construction and manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, law enforcement and military, firefighting, and other end-users to provide protective clothing to their workers who are working in unsafe environments. According to the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), workers and laborers working in oil and gas industries have to compulsorily wear heat and flame-resistant clothing. Construction site workers also strictly need to wear high visibility safety clothing since they are exposed to moving machinery which could be potentially life-threatening. Therefore the stringent government regulations will lead to increasing demand for protective gear and will hence fuel the growth of the protective clothing market significantly.
- The increasing threat of Substitutes and the Requirement of Large Investments to Enter the Market
Due to the high costs and high risks of equipment needed to produce protective clothing, it can be difficult for new companies to enter this market. Furthermore, rising automation in end-user industries which leads to increasing unemployment of workers and laborers is another factor inhibiting the growth of the protective clothing market.
- Rapid Industrialization to Massive Demand for Protective Clothing
According to the US Bureau of Labor, due to protective clothing, illness and work-related injuries have reduced from 10.9 incidents per 100 workers in 1972 to 2.8 incidents per 100 workers in 2019 which is attributed to protective clothing. Protective clothing aids workers in hazardous work conditions by keeping them safe and workers can perform their tasks with less fear, stress, and anxiety. Since workers can do their job with ease, their productivity and efficiency also increase. Furthermore, manufacturers have to a faceless number of lawsuits and spend less on compensation to their workers. These factors combined to increase the demand for protective and hence fuel the growth of the protective clothing market globally.
By Material Type
Based on the Material Type, the Protective Clothing market is segmented based on Aramid & Blends, Polyolefin & Blends, Polybenzimidazole, Cotton Fibers, Laminated Polyesters, and Others. The Aramid & Blends Segment is anticipated to account for the large market share. Aramid fibers are often used in fire-resistant clothing, protective clothing, and other applications requiring protection from heat and flame. However, aramid fibers tend to break down under UV exposure. Thus, fabrics made from aramid fibers will vary in color when exposed to UV light. Aramid fibers are used extensively in the manufacture of protective clothing due to their properties like heat resistance and resistance against chemicals, oils, or organic solvents.
Based on Application, the global Protective Clothing market has been divided into Thermal, Mechanical, Chemical, Radiation, and Others. The Thermal segment is expected to hold the largest market share. Thermal shielding clothing helps to protect workers from fires, the heat generated by infernos, and the need to work around these conditions. Due to this necessity, it is essential for those in metal manufacturing or similar industries There are many regulations like CGSB, ASTM F955-07, and others, that provide thermal protection and high levels of compound resistance in outer garments such as thermally strong fabric worn over chemical resistant clothing.
By End-Use Industry
Based on End-Use Industry, the global Protective Clothing market has been divided into Oil & Gas, Construction & Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Law Enforcement & Military, Firefighting, and Others. The Construction & Manufacturing segment is expected to hold the largest market share. Construction and manufacturing industries often include activities that are susceptible to accidents, risks, and sometimes even the risk of danger to laborers’ lives. Hence, employees should always wear protective clothing that prevents possible hazards. The best way to do this is by making sure the clothes are suitable for the right conditions and are adequate to protect against any potential risks.
Global Protective Clothing Market Share, by Segmentation
Based on region, the global Protective Clothing market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. Asia-Pacific is projected to dominate the use of the Protective Clothing market followed by the North America and Europe regions.
Asia Pacific dominates the global protective clothing market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing region with a high CAGR which is attributed to increasing globalization and urbanization as well as rapid population growth in the developing economies. In addition to this, growing oil and gas industries and increasing construction, especially in China and India are leading to higher demand for protective clothing propelling the growth of the market in the Asia Pacific region. According to the Indian Brand Equity Foundation, in 2016-17 India secured 33 contracts of approximately USD 3.49 billion. The oil and gas industry in India and China also furthers the demand for protective clothing attributing to the growth of the market.
North America Market
North America is expected to experience the highest CAGR in protective clothing during the forecast period. The regulations in this region mandate that durable and high-performance clothes be worn to ensure maximum protection from any type of threat. Medical professionals are increasingly aware of the importance of safe practices and this has led to more demand for protective clothing in the healthcare industry.
The market comprises tier-1, tier-2, and local players. With their wide product portfolios, tier-1 and tier-2 players have a global reach. Because of their strategic innovations and broad regional presence, companies such as E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Lakeland Industries, Inc., 3M Company Workrite Uniform Company, Inc., W.L.Gore & Associates, Glen Raven, Ballyclare Limited, Koninklijke Ten Cate NV, Cetriko and Teijin Limited, Fibertex A/S, and Rongxin Industry Manufacture Limited lead the global Protective Clothing business. To increase their market position and attract a wide consumer base, the businesses are employing various strategies, such as growth, product releases, and alliances.
- I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Lakeland Industries, Inc.
- 3M Company Workrite Uniform Company, Inc.
- L.Gore & Associates
- Glen Raven
- Ballyclare Limited
- Koninklijke Ten Cate NV
- Cetriko and Teijin Limited
- Fibertex A/S
- Rongxin Industry Manufacture Limited
In October 2019, 3M Company announced its acquisition of Aceility Inc. and its KCI subsidiaries worldwide for approximately USD 6.7 billion. Acelity is a global leading medical technology company that focuses on specialty surgical applications and advanced wound care. This acquisition will maintain the position of 3M Company as one of the leading manufacturers.
Scope of the Report
Global Protective Clothing Market, by Material Type
- Aramid & Blends
- Polyolefin & Blends
- Polybenzimidazole (PBI)
- Cotton Fibers
- Laminated Polyesters
- Others (PPS, Amide-imide and Viscose, etc.)
Global Protective Clothing Market, by Application
- Others (Bacterial & Viral and Visibility, etc.)
Global Protective Clothing Market, by End-Use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Construction & Manufacturing
- Law Enforcement & Military
- Others (Mining, Chemical Industry, etc.
Global Protective Clothing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
|Market Size||2030: $ 17.6 Billion|
|CAGR||6% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Key Segmentations||Material Type, Application, and End-Use Industry|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa|
|Key Vendors||E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Lakeland Industries, Inc., 3M Company Workrite Uniform Company, Inc., W.L.Gore & Associates, Glen Raven, Ballyclare Limited, Koninklijke Ten Cate NV, Cetriko and Teijin Limited, Fibertex A/S, and Rongxin Industry Manufacture Limited|
|Key Market Opportunities||Rapid Industrialization to Massive Demand for Protective Clothing|
|Key Market Drivers||Increase in Stringent Government Regulations|
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High-level analysis of the current and future Protective Clothing market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis of current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Protective Clothing market historical market size for the year 2020, and forecast from 2021 to 2028
- Protective Clothing market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.
- To identify and understand the various factors involved in the global Protective Clothing market affected by the pandemic
- To provide a detailed insight into the major companies operating in the market. The profiling will include the financial health of the company past 2-3 years with segmental and regional revenue breakup, product offering, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and key strategies.
Global Protective Clothing Market FAQs
1. What is the study period of this market?
● The study period of the global Protective Clothing market is 2020 – 2030
2. What is the growth rate of the global Protective Clothing market?
● The global Protective Clothing market is growing at a CAGR of ~ 6% over the next 7 years
3. Which region has the highest growth rate in the global Protective Clothing market?
● North America is expected to register the highest CAGR during 2022-2030
4. Which region has the largest share in the global Protective Clothing market?
● Asia-Pacific holds the largest share in 2021
5. Who are the key players in the global Protective Clothing market?
● E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Lakeland Industries, Inc., 3M Company Workrite Uniform Company, Inc., W.L.Gore & Associates, Glen Raven, Ballyclare Limited, Koninklijke Ten Cate NV, Cetriko and Teijin Limited, Fibertex A/S, and Rongxin Industry Manufacture Limited are the major companies operating in the global Protective Clothing market.
6. Do you offer Post Sale Support?
● Yes, we offer 16 hours of analyst support to solve the queries
7. Do you sell particular sections of a report?
● Yes, we provide regional as well as country-level reports. Other than this we also provide a sectional report. Please get in contact with our sales representatives.