The global Human Microbiome market size is expected to reach $1,907.68 Million by 2028 growing at the CAGR of 21.34% from 2021 to 2028. The microbiome is the combination of all microbiota that resides in human tissues and biofluids. The increase use of human microbiome in the development of drug is increasing over the year. The human microbiome-based test is also used for early detection of diseases a diagnosis and rise in the focus of human microbiome therapeutic development. The government had also initiated program to support and increase effort of pharmaceutical companies for drug development.
|Market Size (2020)||$396.85 Million|
|CAGR (2021 to 2028)||21.34%|
|Market Classificationt||Product, Application, Disease, Technology|
|Key Companies Profiled||ENTEROME Bioscience, Seres Therapeutics, 4D pharma, Evelo Biosciences, OptiBiotix Health, Synlogic, Second Genome, Vedanta Biosciences, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, ViThera Pharmaceuticals|
|Key Countries/Regions Analyzed||US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Rest of Europe, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Rest of Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America|
|Forecast Years||2022 to 2028|
The factors driving the growth of the Human Microbiome market include increasing focus on the development of human microbiome therapeutics, increase in government funding, growing aged population and increase in lifestyle related disease.
Increasing focus on the development of human microbiome therapeutics
The microbes are rich source of enzymes which can be used in therapeutic application like novel therapies. The right combination of microbes in human body is helpful in treating different conditions. The national institute of health had invested $215 million on human microbiome projects and $ 728 million on extramural human microbiome research activities during a time span of 10 years. The funds were allocated to the human microbiome-based product companies for the development of therapeutic drugs. Increase in investment and funding with focus on therapeutic development is driving the growth of market.
The major factor restraining the growth of the global Human Microbiome market size includes the lack of research and in expertise.
Key Insight in the report:
The Global Human Microbiome market report covers Executive Summary, Market Dynamics, Trend Analysis, Market Size and Forecast, Competitive Intelligence, Market Positioning, Product Benchmarking, and Opportunity Analysis.
The report covers extensive competitive intelligence which includes following data points:
- Business Overview
- Business Model
- Financial Data
- Financial – Existing
- Financial – Funding
- Product Segment Analysis and specification
- Recent Development and Company Strategy Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
Human Microbiome Market Segmentation
The report covers market sizing and forecasting at the country level as well as at the segment level. Human Microbiome Market is analyzed across below-mentioned different segments:
- Diagnostic Tests
- Other Products
- 16s rRNA sequencing method
- Whole-genome sequencing method
- Other Sequencing methods
- Other Genomic Technologies
- Infectious Diseases
- Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Other Diseases
By application the therapeutics segment account for the largest market shares due to the increase in R&D funds. Based on technology, the genomics segment is expected to register the highest growth due to increasing number of projects funded by government and private sector
North America accounts for the highest market share due to the increasing number of microbiome research & clinical activities, rising awareness on healthcare, and funds availability for microbiome research.
The Human Microbiome Market is analyzed across below mentioned region.
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Human Microbiome Market Ecosystem Players:
The some of the key ecosystem players in of Human Microbiome Market include:
- ENTEROME Bioscience
- Seres Therapeutics
- 4D pharma
- Evelo Biosciences
- OptiBiotix Health
- Second Genome
- Vedanta Biosciences
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- ViThera Pharmaceuticals
- Vedanta Biosciences received fund from Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority of $7.4 million, with the potential for an additional $610.5 million to advance the clinical development of VE303 for high-risk Clostridioides difficile infection
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High level analysis of the current and future market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis on current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Human Microbiome market historical market size for year 20120, and forecast from 2020 to 2027
- Human Microbiome market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.