The global Endometriosis Treatment market size is projected to reach approximately $ 2.332 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 3.4% from 2022 to 2030. Endometriosis is a condition in which tissue that lines the inner part of the uterus grows outside the uterus. It causes pain, scarring, and bowel problems. Endometriosis is a condition that may cause internal bleeding as well as pain. This condition is characterized by having endometrial tissue growing in places where it’s not supposed to grow, like the fallopian tubes, ovaries, and pelvis. Endometriosis causes many symptoms, including pain in the pelvic region, which is typical for women during different periods of the month. It may also result in pain during intercourse and excessive bleeding.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The Endometriosis Treatment market was severely impacted by the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic. The market was affected due to the spread of the disease to other countries. In addition, the spread of the coronavirus has led to the lack of quality treatment in the market. This is because most countries have banned the entry of products that are used in the treatment of endometriosis. In addition, there is also no government support to promote products that are used in the treatment of the disease.
The Endometriosis Treatment market is projected to grow on account of the availability and research into new drugs. This will be supported by an increase in Endometriosis prevalence, a robust pipeline for potential advanced treatment models and trends, and increased awareness about Endometriosis.
⮚ Increased Research on the Development of New Drugs
Increased Research activities and increased funding from the governments of various countries to develop new drugs for the global endometriosis treatment market are expected to be a major drivers of the market growth forecasted period. In 2017, drug manufacturer AbbVie submitted an application to the US FDA for a new drug called Elagolix. They are working in cooperation with a company called Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. Elagolix is an orally administered gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonist which is being evaluated for the management of pain during endometriosis.
- Lack of non-invasive diagnostic tests in the market
Women with endometriosis typically wait a long time before receiving the necessary diagnosis. Women do not seek help timely, during which their disease can progress significantly, potentially impacting their fertility. There is a long-known delay in the diagnosis of endometriosis because the condition can be definitively diagnosed only via laparoscopy, which is an invasive surgical procedure. However, better diagnostic techniques are becoming more prevalent, such as biomarkers. These can help hasten the diagnosis process and avoid invasive surgery if unnecessary.
⮚ Growing Prevalence and Awareness of Endometriosis
The rising prevalence of endometriosis is leading to an increase in awareness among women regarding treatment options and research developments. With a significant increase in the occurrence of this disease, it is clear that more people are willing to invest in research and development. This allows the market to grow and provides additional opportunities.
By Drug Type
Based on the Drug Type, the Endometriosis Treatment market is segmented based on Progestin, Gonadotropins Releasing Hormone Agonists, Oral Contraceptive Pills, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, and Others. The Oral Contraceptive Segment is anticipated to account for the large market share. Oral contraceptives are the first-line treatment for patients who do not have contraindications. They are highly effective in preventing recurrent pelvic pain and associated endometriosis lesions. However, they are associated with possible side effects such as changes in mood, nausea, and an elevated blood pressure level.
By Treatment Type
Based on Treatment Type, the global Endometriosis Treatment market has been divided into Pain Management and Hormonal Therapies. The Hormonal Therapies segment is expected to hold the largest market share. This form of treatment is the most common one due to its effectiveness in decreasing estrogen production and preventing periods from coming.
By Distribution Channel
Based on Distribution Channel, the global Endometriosis Treatment market has been divided into Hospital Pharmacies, E-Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Others. The Hospital Pharmacies and Retail Pharmacies segments are expected to hold the largest market share. The high patient pool in hospitals and visiting retailers and the high cost of the medical treatment contribute to this result
Global Endometriosis Treatment Market Share, by Segmentation
Based on region, the global Endometriosis Treatment market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America is projected to dominate the use of the Endometriosis Treatment market followed by the Asia-Pacific and Europe regions.
North America Market
North America is expected to account for the highest Endometriosis Treatment revenue in the upcoming years. The prevalence of chronic gynecological disorders like Endometriosis has been rising in the United States and around the world. Women are now more open to talking about their reproductive health, including their menstrual cycle and menopause, which is leading to increased awareness of female reproductive health. Advances in technology have also paved the way for new services and treatments.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to become the fastest-growing Endometriosis Treatment market over the forecast period due to the government initiatives to improve women’s health and safety. In 2018, the government of Australia allocated about $2.5 million for research in the field of Endometriosis.
The market comprises tier-1, tier-2, and local players. With their wide product portfolios, tier-1 and tier-2 players have a global reach. Because of their strategic innovations and broad regional presence, companies such as Astra Zeneca Plc., Eli Lilly and Company, Astellas Pharma, Bayer AG, Meditrina Pharmaceuticals, Abbvie, PfizerInc, Takeda Pharmaceutica, and Neurocrine Biosciences Inc, lead the global Endometriosis Treatment business. To increase their market position and attract a wide consumer base, the businesses are employing various strategies, such as growth, product releases, and alliances.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- AstraZeneca Plc.
- Bayer AG
- Astellas Pharma
- Meditrina Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer Inc.
- Neurocrine Biosciences Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
In 2018, Bayer collaborated with Evotec and announced phase I trials for a new drug that is a treatment for endometriosis
Scope of the Report
Global Endometriosis Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Gonadotropins Releasing Hormone Agonists
- Oral Contraceptive Pills
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
Global Endometriosis Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Pain Management
- Hormonal Therapies
Global Endometriosis Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Endometriosis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
|Market Size||2030: $ 2.332 Billion|
|CAGR||3.4% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Key Segmentations||Drug Type, Treatment Type, Distribution Channel|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa|
|Key Vendors||Astra Zeneca Plc., Eli Lilly and Company, Astellas Pharma, Bayer AG, Meditrina Pharmaceuticals, Abbvie, PfizerInc, Takeda Pharmaceutica, and Neurocrine Biosciences Inc|
|Key Market Opportunities||Growing Prevalence and Awareness of Endometriosis|
|Key Market Drivers||Increased Research on Development of New Drugs|
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High-level analysis of the current and future Endometriosis Treatment market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis of current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Endometriosis Treatment market historical market size for the year 2020, and forecast from 2021 to 2028
- Endometriosis Treatment market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.
- To identify and understand the various factors involved in the global Endometriosis Treatment market affected by the pandemic
- To provide a detailed insight into the major companies operating in the market. The profiling will include the financial health of the company past 2-3 years with segmental and regional revenue breakup, product offering, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and key strategies.
Endometriosis Treatment Market Market FAQs
- What is the study period of this market?
- The study period of the global Endometriosis Treatment market is 2020 – 2030
- What is the growth rate of the global Endometriosis Treatment market?
- The global Endometriosis Treatment market is growing at a CAGR of ~ 4% over the next 7 years
- Which region has the highest growth rate in the global Endometriosis Treatment market?
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR during 2022-2030
- Which region has the largest share in the global Endometriosis Treatment market?
- North America holds the largest share in 2021
- Who are the key players in the global Endometriosis Treatment market?
- Astra Zeneca Plc., Eli Lilly and Company, Astellas Pharma, Bayer AG, Meditrina Pharmaceuticals, Abbvie, PfizerInc, Takeda Pharmaceutica, and Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. are the major companies operating in the global Endometriosis Treatment
- Do you offer Post Sale Support?
- Yes, we offer 16 hours of analyst support to solve the queries
- Do you sell particular sections of a report?
- Yes, we provide regional as well as country-level reports. Other than this we also provide a sectional report. Please get in contact with our sales representatives.