The global Domain Name Registrar market size is projected to reach approximately USD 1500 Million by 2030, at a CAGR of 11% from 2020 to 2030. A domain registrar is a company that manages domain name reservations on the internet. They are the most convenient way to register a domain name and they also offer many other services such as website hosting, email, and more. On the other hand, to purchase a domain name one have to pay a registrar. The registrar is responsible for keeping track of all the domain names, points out when someone wants to purchase or register one and handles all the logistical details. Some companies offer both services – domain name registration and website hosting with email included – while others only offer one.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a lot of disruption in global economies, especially because of the many lockdowns. This has impacted most industries and business sectors, which have had to contend with an unreliable supply chain due to the restrictions on travel and exports. New standards and regulations issued by different governments have created uncertainty and confusion for many industries. The market got slightly affected due to the sudden closedown of various industries. This has disturbed the market as panic was created among people.
The market is expected to increase in the coming years, due to the increased demand for new domains. More and more people are looking to get their domain name, which will lead to an increase in competition for domain names as well as an increase in the number of registrars.
Ø Growing demand for domain names in small and large businesses
The key drivers of this growth are the increasing demand for a domain name in small and large businesses and changing consumer preferences in favor of online shopping. The demand for domain names has increased due to the increasing demand for a domain name in small and large businesses. The change in consumer behavior is also a factor that is making domain names more popular. While the domain names are popular, there are cases where they can be sold for various prices. The price of a domain name depends on the factors such as demand and supply of the domain name, the state of the domain market, and other factors.
- Increase adoption of cloud storage platform
The major factor restraining the growth in the Market is the decline in the demand for domain registration services across the industry. This is due to the increasing adoption of open-source software and cloud storage platforms, which have led to an increase in the usage of domain names.
Domain Name Registrar Market Opportunity:
- The fast pace of growth in the e-commerce sector
This growth can be attributed to the increasing demand for domain names and domain registration services, as well as the increasing number of commercial and personal users who are making use of domain names in a wide range of industries, including the media and entertainment, real estate, technology and, of course, the Internet. In recent years, the Domain Name Registrars market has seen the entry of several new players in the market. This competition is expected to provide opportunities in the Market.
By Domain Type
Based on Domain type, the market has been segmented based on Generic Top-level domains and Country Code top-level domains. The Country Code top-level domains segment is the fastest growing in the global Domain Name Registrar market.
Based on Deployment, the market has been segmented based on On-premise and Cloud. The cloud segment is expected to be the fastest-growing in the global Domain Name Registrar market.
By End-Use Industry
Based on the end-use industry, the market has been segmented based on Enterprises, Non-profit Organizations, and Others. The enterprise’s segment is expected to be the largest in the global Domain Name Registrar market.
Global Domain Name Registrar Market Share, by Segmentation
By region, the global market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The North American region holds the largest market for the Domain Name Registrar business.
North America Market
North America is expected to hold the major market share during the forecast period. The region has been witnessing an increase in the adoption of smartphones, thereby aiding in growing the market. Furthermore, several companies have been implementing new strategies to remain competitive and are offering innovative technology-based services.
The Asia Pacific is largely expected to grow fastest in the domain name registrar market, due to the presence of high internet penetration, a large number of small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), relatively low-security threats from malware, and other cybercriminal activities. Many people are unaware of the presence of cybercrime in the Asia Pacific. While cybercrime is growing in almost all regions of the world, there are still large numbers of people who aren’t aware it exists and numerous other people who are under the false impression that cybercrime is something that only affects other people.
The market comprises tier-1, tier-2, and local players. With their wide product portfolios, tier-1 and tier-2 players have a global reach. Because of their strategic innovations and broad regional presence, companies such as 1 and 1 ionos inc, Bluehost inc, DreamHost, LLC, flippa.com pty ltd, Gandi sas, GoDaddy inc, HiChina, hostgator.com LLC, Hostinger international ltd, Namecheap, inc lead the global Domain Name Registrar business. To increase their market position and attract a wide consumer base, the businesses are employing various strategies, such as growth, product releases, and alliances.
- 1 and 1 ionos inc
- Bluehost inc
- DreamHost LLC
- com pty ltd
- Gandi sas
- GoDaddy inc
- com LLC
- Hostinger international ltd
- Namecheap, inc
Scope of the Report
Global Domain Name Registrar Market, by Domain Type
- Generic Top-level domains
- Country Code top-level domains
Global Domain Name Registrar Market, by Deployment
Global Domain Name Registrar Market, by End-Use Industry
- Non-profit Organizations
Global Domain Name Registrar Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
|Market Size||2030: $ 1500 Million|
|CAGR||11% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Key Segmentations||Domain Type, Deployment, End-Use Industry|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa|
|Key Vendors||1 and 1 ionos inc, Bluehost inc, DreamHost, LLC, flippa.com pty ltd, Gandi sas, GoDaddy inc, HiChina, hostgator.com LLC, Hostinger international ltd, Namecheap, inc|
|Key Market Opportunities||The fast pace of growth in the e-commerce sector|
|Key Market Drivers||Growing demand for domain names in small and large businesses|
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High-level analysis of the current and future market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis on current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Domain Name Registrar market historical market size for year 2020, and forecast from 2021 to 2030
- Domain Name Registrar market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.
- To identify and understand the various factors involved in the global Domain Name Registrar market affected by the pandemic
- To provide a detailed insight on the major companies operating in the market. The profiling will include the financial health of the company past 2-3 years with segmental and regional revenue breakup, product offering, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and key strategies.
Domain Name Registrar Market FAQs
- What is the study period of this market?
- The study period of global Domain Name Registrar market is 2020 – 2030
- What is the growth rate of global Domain Name Registrar market?
- The global Domain Name Registrar market is growing at a CAGR of ~ 11% over the next 7 years
- Which region has highest growth rate in global Domain Name Registrar market?
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR during 2022 – 2030
- Which region has the largest share in global Domain Name Registrar market?
- North America holds the largest share in 2021
- Who are the key players in global Domain Name Registrar market?
- 1 and 1 ionos inc, Bluehost inc, DreamHost, LLC, flippa.com pty ltd, Gandi sas, GoDaddy inc, HiChina, hostgator.com LLC, Hostinger international ltd, Namecheap, inc are the major companies operating in the global Domain Name Registrar market.
- Do you offer Post Sale Support?
- Yes we offer 16 hours of anayst support in order to solve the quries
- Do you sell particular sections of a report?
- Yes we provide regional as well as country level report. Other than this we also provide sectional report. Please get in contact with our sales representatives.