The global Digital Content market size is projected to reach approximately $ 24.371 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 11.72% from 2022 to 2030. Digital content is any form of data, including text, audio, and videos. It can also exist in graphics, animations, and images though these are less common in this form. Digital content is often referred to as information that can be Distributed or downloaded online such as an ebook or iTunes song etc. Digital Content is also known as digital media. Digital content contains various forms of digital data such as information that can be streamed or contained in computer files.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The Digital Content industry benefited from the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has crippled the population of our country, which has allowed B2B marketers to construct online marketing strategies. Although this is a hot topic in the current digital content creation market, many companies have lost billions of dollars due to event cancellations and postponements of trade shows. As more individuals are becoming aware of the advantages digital marketing holds over traditional marketing, companies are now being pushed towards online marketing as a way to cope with their physical isolation caused by this infectious disease.
The growth in the Digital Content market is driven by the rising digitalization across all sectors. The rising smartphone connections and the popularity of the OTT platforms are some factors contributing to the market growth. On the other hand, the cyberattacks happening these days hamper the market growth.
⮚ An Increased Digital Transformation across all Sectors
Digital transformation has increased in education, telecom, media, and entertainment sectors around the world. Such advancements have helped the market to grow and create increased revenue opportunities. Smart devices with diverse connectivity and storage options have exponentially increased the consumption of digital content. A wealth of content is now available for consumption across different screens, at faster speeds, and at a more affordable price point.
- The threat of Cyber Hacks
The threat of information hackers and threats of cyber-crime may impede market growth. Cybercrime is on the rise, with cyber-attacks becoming more sophisticated and difficult to stop. The digital marketplace is constantly threatening hacking and information theft, making it difficult for companies to launch new products and services. The Center for Strategic and International Studies has announced that Chinese hackers had infiltrated over 75 different organizations in the manufacturing, media, healthcare, and nonprofit sectors.
⮚ Increasing Technological Advancements
Increasing the adoption of technological advancements in healthcare, entertainment, manufacturing, automotive sectors, and increasing internet users, rising awareness regarding the innovative digital content technologies create wide opportunities for Digital Content Market. As technology advances, it is becoming more common for people to use the internet. With the advent of more and more consumers using the internet, more opportunities have come about.
Based on the Type, the Digital Content market is segmented based on Video Content, Game Content, Text Content, and Audio Content. The Video Content Segment is anticipated to account for the large market share. With the advancement in technology, the demand for video content is growing rapidly. OTT viewing is becoming more common and options have grown exponentially in recent years. This has helped transform the online content industry, with giants such as Netflix, and Amazon Prime providing unique service options. YouTube, known for its massive popularity among so many demographics, is growing into a TV service that can be used as a marketing tool by capturing the attention of recent consumers.
Based on Application, the global Digital Content market has been divided into Smartphones, Computes, Tablets, Smart TVs, and Others. The Smartphone segment is expected to hold the largest market share. Smartphones have become the most important device for digital content consumption. Smartphone users spend the majority of their time on digital content, and mobile advertising is now the most effective form of digital marketing.
Global Digital Content Market Share, by Segmentation
Based on region, the global Digital Content market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America is projected to dominate the use of the Digital Content market followed by the Asia-Pacific and Europe regions.
North America Market
North America is expected to account for the highest Digital Content revenue in the upcoming years. One of the major reasons behind this huge revenue share is the prevalence of technological drastic change in the mobile application sector which high demand is due to launching advanced technology. In Education and telecom sector, North America is no doubt a leading region with enormous growth potential.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to become the fastest-growing market over the forecast period with the increasing presence of smart connections devices and smartphones. China and India are focusing on developing strong internet infrastructure, which will complement the increasing use of AI writers in the workplace across the region.
The market comprises tier-1, tier-2, and local players. With their wide product portfolios, tier-1 and tier-2 players have a global reach. Because of their strategic innovations and broad regional presence, companies such as Activision Blizzard Inc., Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Baidu Inc., Comcast Corp., Microsoft Corp., Netflix Inc., Sony Corp., and The Walt Disney Co., lead the global Digital Content business. To increase their market position and attract a wide consumer base, the businesses are employing various strategies, such as growth, product releases, and alliances.
- Adobe Systems
- Corel Corporation
- Acrolinx GmbH
- Integra Software Services
- Quark Software
In May 2021, Amazon.com acquired Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, a media company headquartered in the United States for about USD 9 billion. Amazon.com aims to expand its digital platform, increase its customers and diversify in other markets through this acquisition.
Scope of the Report
Global Digital Content Market, by Type
- Video Content
- Game Content
- Text Content
- Audio Content
Global Digital Content Market, by Application
- Smart TVs
Global Digital Content Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
|Market Size||2030: $ 24.371 Billion|
|CAGR||11.72% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Key Segmentations||Type, Application|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa|
|Key Vendors||Activision Blizzard Inc., Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Baidu Inc., Comcast Corp., Microsoft Corp., Netflix Inc., Sony Corp., and The Walt Disney Co.|
|Key Market Opportunities||Increasing Technological Advancements|
|Key Market Drivers||An Increased Digital Transformation across all Sectors|
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High-level analysis of the current and future Digital Content market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis of current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Digital Content market historical market size for the year 2020, and forecast from 2021 to 2028
- Digital Content market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.
- To identify and understand the various factors involved in the global Digital Content market affected by the pandemic
- To provide a detailed insight into the major companies operating in the market. The profiling will include the financial health of the company past 2-3 years with segmental and regional revenue breakup, product offering, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and key strategies.
Digital Content Market FAQs
- What is the study period of this market?
- The study period of the global Digital Content market is 2020 – 2030
- What is the growth rate of the global Digital Content market?
- The global Digital Content market is growing at a CAGR of ~ 72% over the next 7 years
- Which region has the highest growth rate in the global Digital Content market?
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR during 2022 – 2030
- Which region has the largest share in the global Digital Content market?
- North America holds the largest share in 2021
- Who are the key players in the global Digital Content market?
- Activision Blizzard Inc., Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Baidu Inc., Comcast Corp., Microsoft Corp., Netflix Inc., Sony Corp., and The Walt Disney Co. are the major companies operating in the global Digital Content
- Do you offer Post Sale Support?
- Yes, we offer 16 hours of analyst support to solve the queries
- Do you sell particular sections of a report?
- Yes, we provide regional as well as country-level reports. Other than this we also provide a sectional report. Please get in contact with our sales representatives.