The rise of usage in mineral & metal processing is expected to rise rapidly over the coming years.
The global Desiccant Air Breathers market size is projected to reach approximately USD 1387.7 Million by 2033, at a CAGR of 5.58% from 2023 to 2033. A desiccant air breather is a drying agent, which is used to remove moisture from the air. The machine’s primary purpose is to dry the air before it enters the reservoir. Desiccant breathers are installed when air is contaminated by water and dirt, helping machinery run efficiently, as they guard against damage caused by such undesirable elements. The main factor resulting in equipment and machinery loss is surface degradation. The most common causes of surface degradation are corrosion and mechanical wear due to dirt and moisture originating outside the machine.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 has contributed to the lower-than-expected growth of the manufacturing sector, as the market slowed down throughout Q2 and Q3 of 2020. The manufacturing industry was affected very badly due to the restriction imposed by the government and the closing down of international borders that had temporarily closed cross-border trade. As most of the industries were closed down, production was also stopped. There was a decrease in the sale of desiccant air breathers due to this lockdown. Post-lockdown, the industries were started in various countries across the globe with minimum employees and strict restrictions.
The utility sector which provides essential goods and services is expected to be the largest segment due to the growing population, urbanization, and industrialization. The application of transformers in the industry is projected to increase at a higher rate than other relevant products. An increase in demand for power generation worldwide, especially in the utility sector, will increase the utilization of dehydrating breathers. It is expected to increase the demand in utility companies to reduce energy loss. One of the ways that the companies can do this is by creating electrical devices that avoid moisture getting into the device’s system, causing internal corrosion. This internal corrosion leads to a decrease in efficiency within the power grid, which creates higher energy loss, more wear and tear, and an increase in maintenance costs. Such losses are not economical or sustainable for any business, not even utility companies. There are various ways to get around this issue, including using special tools such as dehydrating breathers.
Ø Stringent Guidelines and Regulations
The oil and gas companies are expected to maintain target ISO (International Organization of Standardization) cleanliness codes throughout the plant. International standards for cleanliness are used in oil analysis to give an inside look at the inner workings of machines. The results obtained from this process are more reliable for machines. The desiccant air breathers allow industries to achieve the requirements of this ISO cleanliness code by reducing the amount of particulate matter, which is greater than three microns. It is expected to increase its demand in the oil and gas sector during the forecast period.
- The Need To Change The Air Breathers Becomes Challenging And Expensive
The desiccant air breathers do not provide a one-time solution; these require a change after a certain period of use, usually within 6 months. This increases the cost of maintaining the machines. These industries already have a requirement of maintaining a high working efficiency. With the need to replace these filters, the burden increases to optimize production efficiency. To change the filters, the production needs a temporary closedown, which reduces the output as well. Moreover, this also requires supervision when the filters are replaced. Once these filters wear out, they do not filter out the dirt, which can cause corrosion in the machine, and negligence towards the filters can hamper the final product quality.
- Increasing Number Of Applications Of The Breathers
Depending upon industrial or agricultural settings, mechanical/vacuum desiccant air breathers are becoming the most popular option. They protect vital components, such as equipment and systems used in large-scale storage tanks and oil processing facilities regularly. Further, desiccant air breathers improve efficiency and ensure smooth operations during new activities, such as filling chemical supplies. In addition, the increasing use of desiccant air breathers in vacuum pumps and other heavy industrial equipment has stimulated market growth. As a result, industries operating such heavy equipment have also increased their life cycles by keeping them protected all the time. This further helps contribute towards the growing international demand and adoption of desiccant air breathers not just by small entrepreneurs but also by large manufacturers all over the world today.
- Increasing adoption of dry-Silica Content transformers
The increasing adoption of dry-silica content transformers is a significant challenge in the desiccant air breather market. Dry-silica content transformers require a higher level of air filtration to maintain their dryness, and desiccant air breathers are a common solution to remove moisture from the air. However, not all desiccant air breathers are compatible with dry-silica content transformers, and selecting the appropriate desiccant air breather can be challenging. Additionally, dry-silica content transformers are generally more expensive than traditional transformers, and the use of desiccant air breathers further increases the cost. Overall, the increasing adoption of dry-silica content transformers has created a need for more advanced and compatible desiccant air breathers, which can be a challenge for manufacturers and users in the desiccant air breather market.
By Silica Content
Based on Silica Content, the global Desiccant Air Breathers market has been segmented based on < 0.5 lb, 5–1.5 lb, 5–2.5 lb, 5–3.5 lb, and > 3.5 lb. The > 3.5 lb segment is the fastest growing in the global Desiccant Air Breathers market.
By Water Capacity
Based on Water Capacity, the global Desiccant Air Breathers market has been segmented based on < 1 FL OZ, 1 – 5 FL OZ, 5 – 11 FL OZ, 11 – 15 FL OZ, 15 – 20 FL OZ, > 20 FL OZ. The 11 – 15 FL OZ segment is expected to be the fastest-growing in the global Desiccant Air Breathers market.
By Working Environment
Based on the Working Environment, the global Desiccant Air Breathers market has been segmented based on Disposable Stationary Applications, Limited Space Applications, High Humidity / High Dust Applications, Extreme Environment Applications, High Vibration Applications, Heavy Duty Applications, Caustic Fumes/Gaseous Applications. The Limited Space Applications segment is expected to be the largest in the global Desiccant Air Breathers market.
Based on the application, the global Desiccant Air Breathers market has been segmented based on Gear Boxes, Hydraulic Fluid Reservoirs, Bulk Storage Tanks, Oil-Filled Transformers, and Other Fluid Reservoirs. The gearboxes segment is expected to be the largest in the global Desiccant Air Breathers market.
Based on the end-use, the global Desiccant Air Breathers market has been segmented based on Wash-Down Areas, Pulp & Paper Processing, Timber Processing, Windmills And Wind Power Generation, Construction & Mining Equipment, Minerals & Metals Processing, Working Environment Handling & Hoisting Equipment, Agriculture & Forestry Equipment, Industrial & Manufacturing. The industrial and manufacturing segment is expected to be the largest in the global Desiccant Air Breathers market.
Global Desiccant Air Breathers Market Share, by Segmentation
By region, the global Desiccant Air Breathers market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The North American region holds the largest market for the Desiccant Air Breathers business.
Asia-Pacific is the second-fastest-growing region in the desiccant air breather market, particularly in China and India. Uptake of desiccant air breathers is driven by the benefits, such as removal of dust and other impurities from the air and keeping the machinery free from moisture. The potential benefits of desiccant air breathers in various end-use applications such as Construction and Mining Equipment, Minerals and Metals Processing, Working Environment Handling and Hoisting Equipment, and Industrial and Manufacturing, among others in the Asia-Pacific region, are expected to drive the growth of the desiccant air breather market.
North America Market
The North American desiccant air breather market is driven by rising demand for energy-efficient machines along with government support and policies to achieve the desired energy efficiency standards. The rising spending on desiccant air breather upgrades is expected to drive the growth of the desiccant air breather market.
The market comprises tier-1, tier-2, and local players. With their wide product portfolios, tier-1 and tier-2 players have a global reach. Because of their strategic innovations and broad regional presence, companies such as Bosch Rexroth Corporation, Donaldson Company, Inc., Eaton, Pall Corporation, AGM Container Controls Inc, lead the global Desiccant Air Breathers business. To increase their market position and attract a wide consumer base, the businesses are employing various strategies, such as growth, product releases, and alliances.
- Bosch Rexroth Corporation
- Donaldson Company, Inc.
- Pall Corporation
- AGM Container Controls Inc
- In October 2021, Eaton has announced a partnership with Enel X for another joint project in Puerto Rico.
- In March 2021, Bosch Rexroth Corporation announced the introduction of a new mid-pressure load sensing valve platform, the RM11-MPP, and RM15-MPP.
Scope of the Report
Global Desiccant Air Breathers Market, by Silica Content
- < 0.5 lb
- 5 – 1.5 lb
- 5 – 2.5 lb
- 5 – 3.5 lb
- > 3.5 lb
Global Desiccant Air Breathers Market, by Max. Water Capacity
- < 1 fl oz.
- 1 – 5 fl oz.
- 5 – 11 fl oz.
- 11 – 15 fl oz.
- 15 – 20 fl oz
- 20 fl oz.
Global Desiccant Air Breathers Market, by Working Environment
- Disposable Stationary Applications
- Limited Space Applications
- High Humidity / High Dust Applications
- Extreme Environment Applications
- High Vibration Applications
- Heavy Duty Applications
- Caustic Fumes/Gaseous Applications
Global Desiccant Air Breathers Market, by Application
- Gear Boxes
- Hydraulic Fluid Reservoirs
- Bulk Storage Tanks
- Oil-Filled Transformers
- Other Fluid Reservoirs
Global Desiccant Air Breathers Market, by End-Use
- Wash-Down Areas
- Pulp & Paper Processing
- Timber Processing
- Windmills and Wind Power Generation
- Construction & Mining Equipment
- Minerals & Metals Processing
- Working Environment Handling & Hoisting Equipment
- Agriculture & Forestry Equipment
- Industrial & Manufacturing
Global Desiccant Air Breathers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
|Market Size||2032: $ 1387.7 Million|
|CAGR||5.58% CAGR (2023-2033)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Key Segmentations||Silica Content, Max. Water Capacity, Working Environment, Application, End-Use|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa|
|Key Vendors||Bosch Rexroth Corporation, Donaldson Company, Inc., Eaton, Pall Corporation, AGM Container Controls Inc|
|Key Market Opportunities||Utility sector growth
• Industrial sector growth
• Factory automation market growth
|Key Market Drivers||Increasing demand for energy leads to the growth of the utility sector
• Stringent guidelines and regulations
• Convenience and Benefits of using the filters
REPORT CONTENT BRIEF:
- High-level analysis of the current and future Desiccant Air Breathers market trends and opportunities
- Detailed analysis of current market drivers, restraining factors, and opportunities in the future
- Desiccant Air Breathers market historical market size for the year 2021, and forecast from 2023 to 2033
- Desiccant Air Breathers market share analysis at each product level
- Competitor analysis with a detailed insight into its product segment, financial strength, and strategies adopted.
- Identifies key strategies adopted including product launches and developments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, and partnerships as well as funding taken and investment done, among others.
- To identify and understand the various factors involved in the global Desiccant Air Breathers market affected by the pandemic
- To provide a detailed insight into the major companies operating in the market. The profiling will include the financial health of the company past 2-3 years with segmental and regional revenue breakup, product offering, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and key strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is the study period of this market?
- The study period of the global Desiccant Air Breathers market is 2023 – 2033
- What is the growth rate of the global Desiccant Air Breathers market?
- The global Desiccant Air Breathers market is growing at a CAGR of ~ 58% over the next 10 years
- Which region has the highest growth rate in the global Desiccant Air Breathers market?
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR during 2023-2033
- Which region has the largest share in the global Desiccant Air Breathers market?
- North America holds the largest share in 2021
- Who are the key players in the global Desiccant Air Breathers market?
- Bosch Rexroth Corporation, Donaldson Company, Inc., Eaton, Pall Corporation, and AGM Container Controls Inc. are the major companies operating in the global Desiccant Air Breathers
- Do you offer Post Sale Support?
- Yes, we offer 16 hours of analyst support to solve the queries
- Do you sell particular sections of a report?
- Yes, we provide regional as well as country-level reports. Other than this we also provide a sectional report. Please get in contact with our sales representatives.